Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
The speed mod is a link added to the board, only useful if you want an additional speedo in kmh. It's very straightforward to do.

The volt mod is an led added inside the housing to indicate voltage.

Gammatronix do a nice volts led.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Just sent him a mail regarding the km/h showing on the trimester. Will let you know how it turns out. Great link !!:thumbup:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Just got a swift reply from Jorg :

Overhaul w/ speed display 49 CHF = 46 EUR
shipping, about 25 EUR
---
total = 71 EUR

·
Registered
472 Posts
Yes the unit will freeze if yiu reset it with speed display. Speed in kmh is almost useless. You will convert mph in your head

·
Registered
23 Posts
If you only want the speed-mod, you can easily do it yourself: ATiC - Honda Africa Twin Homepage
If you want a complete overhaul, Joerg is a very good address to get it done. Some guys on the German forum sent him their tripmaster an as far as I know they are all satisfied.
He is also an active member of the German forum and gives often good advice on tripmaster problems.
He is the guy who found how you can bring the tripmaster to show mph instead of kmh, that would make it more useful for users in countries with mph....

·
Registered
525 Posts
I did the speed mod to mine and it came in handy in europe earlier this year.I'm no electronics engineer but it was reasonably simple to do with a steady hand.

Reactions: Vidar750

·
Registered
472 Posts
It is straightforward. Just solder a link in the right place. Once done don't reset the unit with speed showing. The unit can freeze and need unplugging to get it started again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts