Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone have any photos or links to a photo or diagram of the choke plungers for the AT RD7a (XRV750W - 1998). I have seen the one in the Haynes manual and that looks distictly different to the photo I saw of one from Wemoto. I'm thinking (and hoping) the are from different Models of AT's. Mine have small "pins" on the end of them. I still have rough running problems and I'm now wondering if the previous owner has bodged the plungers. I've got all sorts of carb parts on order, but would like to confirm the choke plungers are intact and not bodged in someway. Thanks to you all in advance.
Cheers
Brian

·
a tool
25 Posts
Hi,
Mine is RD07 (-94), but the choke plunger did have a (brass?) pin at the end of (leaden?) cylinder. I'm taking them out tomorrow, will take pics. My indication that they're at least partially ok is that I get some 52+mpg (5.4l/100km, and the mpg depends on which mile and which gallon...). Rear cylinder's one was quite rusty..

For some reason I must use choke to get engine running when it's left for 4+ hours.

If you're having problems installing the plunger, pull the choke lever to compress the plunger assembly, this will enable the plastic part to be screwed in.

·
a tool
25 Posts
Sorry for delay, I'm one of those "parkingspace" mechanics and the weather was foul for a couple of days.

I hope these are clear enough (phone camera..), you'll see at least the pin :)

rear Flickr Photo Download: 2010-05-26

front Flickr Photo Download: 2010-05-26

Both seem identical (cable & attachment) when taken out, front one is bent quite a bit more so will probably stick easier. Splitter was full of grease on mine..

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
PSI,
Thanks for taking ti time and effort to send the photos.
Mine look like that, I was wondering if I was missing something but no they are the same.
Looks cold there are you have gloves on!
Thanks Again
Cheers
Brian

1 - 4 of 4 Posts