Honda XRV Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Well so far so good ?
Very happy ?
Nice :thumbup: if you intend going off road with the top box on i'd recommend some additional support for the rear rack. I like the new boxes as well the old ones i have are not the best but their still doing their job after three years

·
Xi dwejjaq member
921 Posts
OE Luggage

New AT OE luggage is Ok'ish plastic, conveniently fits on the motorcycle without the need for masses of scaffolding, has kept my stuff dry in stormy weather, but could be stronger, better designed, with top opening panniers and exterior loops for attaching cargo nets etcetera.
My new AT (now three years old) is in no danger of being sold on by me any time soon.
Well so far so good. Very happy
BatmancaverAT.jpg
ahem ... The salt water splash test.
I should pay more attention to contemporary events and product updates ... that OE luggage looks a lot more like it.
How much were those Honda panniers, and would they fit the older, (my) 2016 AT model ?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Re: OE Luggage

The luggage is a collaboration between Honda and Touratech and really does look the business.

It fits on solid and very secure. Keyed alike. Ignition key fits everything!

The accessory deal (possibly only at time of purchase) consists of crash bars, skid plate, pannier rack, panniers and topbox.
All for £1K

I just need to do a big trip and test it all now :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
I "Object " to the statement that the BMW Gs & Triumph Tiger are " too Ugly. They are BOTH specially designed, functional machines . Capable of more than occasional escapades a bit further than the grass verge. I suggest that those who think they are ugly, visit there local BMW/Triumph dealership & ride the Tiger & BMW GS. Or even the older models in second hand dealers if they will never be able to afford a newish one. Then revisit & give an opinion. Interesting !!!! ???

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
I "Object " to the statement that the BMW Gs & Triumph Tiger are " too Ugly. They are BOTH specially designed, functional machines . Capable of more than occasional escapades a bit further than the grass verge. I suggest that those who think they are ugly, visit there local BMW/Triumph dealership & ride the Tiger & BMW GS. Or even the older models in second hand dealers if they will never be able to afford a newish one. Then revisit & give an opinion. Interesting !!!! ???
I have ridden them and even after riding them when i got off and looked back they were still ugly, that's why i,m on a Honda forum talking about the new Africa Twin not on a BMW forum telling them the Africa Twin isn't ugly, each to their own :grin:

·
Registered
177 Posts

Looks and function are two different things I recently bought an electric cycle its highly functional but I certainly didn't buy it for its looks ---- by the way I am another one who thinks the BMWs are ugly!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts