Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone interested in attending an unofficial meetup?

Bring your bike... probably any honda adventure bikes, talk about sprockets and cdi units, look at other peoples pannier frames etc?

If so....state what location suits you, weekend or weekday etc.....

·
Registered
107 Posts
Ds99 I am up for it but I am not Monday to Friday guy. I am only off Mondays which would probably make it awkward for everyone else....I like the idea though

·
Registered
661 Posts
We have regular Firestorm meet-ups / workshop days with bacon sarnies & spannering sessions - my neigbours have just about recovered.

Workshop days are divided between Midlands / Essex / Kent usually on Sat. Weekend meet-ups & ride-outs are based around prebooked bunk houses in Yorkshire/Scotland/Wales/NI.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am...never been in Uk before...greetings from my beautiful country Montenegro.

Poslato sa LYA-L09 pomoću Tapatoka

·
Registered
8 Posts
Same here, I'm in London. What about a Sat or Sun meeting at Ryka's Cafe in Dorking for those in London, Surrey and Sussex at least?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Same here, I'm in London. What about a Sat or Sun meeting at Ryka's Cafe in Dorking for those in London, Surrey and Sussex at least?
Works for me ! Or possibly Newlands Corner where there is a byway starting from the carpark ?

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Good idea, whole weekend plus some nice and quiet location/campsite, wales?. With some rideouts, fire and plenty of %%%%:cheers::cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
42 Posts
I think there would be enough interest for little REGIONAL meetups first.
FIRST STEP. Set up a on forum questionnaire asking questions like , obviously, where are you based, what do you use your bike for. How far would you travel for a meetup. How old are you. Why did you choose this bike. Model. Year. Capacity. Mileage. Do you do your own maintenance. Etc.
Then you would need to analyse the results. Hopefully someone would be found who is clever enough to write a programme to analyse by computer. Hopefully too many riders would respond to make it impossible to do it manually.
Has that given you food for thought. Dont get discouraged. It IS worth doing.

·
Registered
42 Posts
If this reveals a lot of interested riders, then hopefully regional meetups would result & hopefully , a summertime National one. You HAVE to see the BIG picture.

·
Registered
42 Posts
This seems to be gathering some impetus. There are bunk houses all over Britain. I guess we ALL know one quite close to where WE live . ? I certainly do in Wales. Also plenty of ride out destinations. Perhaps all interested Transalp owners could put pen to paper over the winter & put together a bunkhouse/ridouts/cafe for lunch combination , ready for submission sometime next spring. Other likely areas include Peak District. Lake District. Dorset. Somerset. Devon/Cornwall. Isle of Whight.Essex. Others will obviously be able to suggest their own areas & neighbouring areas which are equally suitable.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The Ace Cafe (London) Adventure bike day is in March 2020, that might be a suitable time/place to meet?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Count me out on that date, As on holiday ,, Also where does the congestion charge apply , Is the charge on the north circular,, And does it apply at weekends?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts