Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Mine could have suffered the same fate last night. While passing i nipped in the pub, bike on the front, 1/2 pint blackcurrant later left to find an empty space!!! My friend saw 2 scallies coming out of an alley 2mins earlier... went down the alley, supprise supprise... there she was all intact thank fck! caught the little bstards... didnt touch 'em to the supprise/disgust of my mates. LESSON. Steering lock even if it's just for 10mins.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i break bikes and theres no way thats legit theres over a grand in parts there and i wont touch a dodgy bike not worth the risks or the karma

·
Registered
924 Posts
" who ever buys this byk BEWARE it is a very vey VERY FAST"

obviously has no clue what hes talking about :rolleyes:

everyone knows the silver ones are the fast ones :D

·
Try everything once!
24 Posts
Mine could have suffered the same fate last night. While passing i nipped in the pub, bike on the front, 1/2 pint blackcurrant later left to find an empty space!!! My friend saw 2 scallies coming out of an alley 2mins earlier... went down the alley, supprise supprise... there she was all intact thank fck! caught the little bstards... didnt touch 'em to the supprise/disgust of my mates. LESSON. Steering lock even if it's just for 10mins.

Couldnt agree with you more there,,

went in to a mates house for less than 10 minutes a couple of months ago. Didnt even take my helmet off. House was secluded from the road and parked behind some trees on his driveway.
Came out, got on the bike, (Varadero Xl1000v) put the key in - HISS light didnt go out.
I looked down to see the wires had been cut and spliced and pushed back down again.
On taking off my helmet and having a closer look they had spliced the wires from the HISS system. :confused:
Think they must have been disturbed as we opened the door to come out of the house.
Had to get the bike home via recovery and £200 for the new sender unit and to fit it.

Must say Tilstons near Middlesbrough provided excellent service, even to the extent of taking a unit of a brand new bike as mine was going to take a couple of weeks to come... Picked up and delivered at no extra charge too :thumbup:

So yes, Lock, Lock Lock every time, I dont go anywhere now with out a chain and disk lock and it goes on even if its for 5 mins or out of sight.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts