Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Ridden for years
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed my broadband to BT yesterday and they are offering massive reductions on Vision.
A few things, currently, where we are, we cannot get Freeview.
Right, whilst we might not go with it, I cannot currently see the benefits.
I'm not interested in the Sports, Music or Kids packages and the film club looks like older films which I can get on terrestrial.
Can someone tell me if there is any benefit to Vision?
We are normally happy with what we can find on the four normal channels.
Possibly we are luddites, but try to maintain the view that if there is nothing on, turn it off and do something else.
Cheers
John

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Well if you can't get freeview then vision may not be a lot of use to you as most of it's content is delivered over freeview. Only the pay per view and back catalogue stuff (which also costs I think) is delivered over broadband.

·
Ridden for years
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Boris.
For us, there doesn't seem to be a great benefit. I think I'll wait until we get Freeview.
I've taken them up on the offer of paying line rental in one lump sum. That saved £40 per year.

·
Administrator
7,169 Posts
Blimey O'Reilly, John!!

You must be in the shadow of Heathfield, are they not transmitting Freeview yet??

You might consider FreeSat ??

Don't do telly myself, just an old PC with a widescreen for the occasional movie.

:thumbup:

·
Ridden for years
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I live in an old coal mine don't you know!
Yes, Freesat was mentioned, but my wife is not too keen on having a dish; she's already got me:rolleyes:
As long as she doesn't tell me off about my three a month bike magazines, I'll be okay. She has already told me off about changing my bikes too often, so don't want to rock the boat:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts