Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Hill Rider
3,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today the Mountie, me and a pal of the Mountie went for a little ride to Applecross. Luverly day, with persistent rain from home to the other side of Inverness (Achnasheen to be exact). The afternoon was fine, with the sun only occasionally obscured by rain and hail showers.

When we got to the view point on the top of Applecross, the Mountie decided it would be a good idea if we went a little higher . . . to the phone mast and beyond.

The view from the top . . . . in between hail showers of course!

Small problem with the Venom exhaust on the Mountie's steed - it kept working loose. Ended up re-securing it 3 times. This fix point was Shieldaig, in the sun :D.

All in all a luverly day out in some really scenic places on some really empty and twisty roads.

Must do it again before the snow settles.

Steve T

:cool:

·
Registered
736 Posts
I went walking up aviemore today just south of innverness and it was snowing like hell on the top, didnt expect it at all.

Having drove up today i dont think it will be long before i get the bike out upthere cos the roads look the job.

might have to meet up some time mate.

·
Registered
736 Posts

But the bottom was lovely sun.

·
Hill Rider
3,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yet some more views from the phone mast . .

This one of me and Paul settling our nerves having followed the Mountie up the hill.

The view down from the phone mast . . . . only for the brave!

·
Hill Rider
3,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bazza,

Look forward to meeting up. Could sort out a run south from here and meet you half way - say Blairgowrie or Pitlochry?

The Mountie and I are planning another little run this week once some domestics are complete. You free at all during the week?

I'll keep you in mind when I sort a end of riding season ride out for us up north. It'll be no later than mid October due to lighted hours reducing rapidly.

TTFN,

Steve T

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Hi Steve
I am on Skye, I am interested if any rideouts are happening.

·
Registered
736 Posts
It looks like a good ride up there.

I might be available Mon, Tue next week but this week im all over Scotland with work.
Defo up for a ride in Oct but im of to Catterick on the 19th so if it is before count me in.

Thanks Steve ;)

·
Hill Rider
3,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Steve
I am on Skye, I am interested if any rideouts are happening.
Hi Rick.
I'll keep you in mind when I've sorted something for October.

TTFN,

Steve T

·
Hill Rider
3,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It looks like a good ride up there.

I might be available Mon, Tue next week but this week im all over Scotland with work.
Defo up for a ride in Oct but im of to Catterick on the 19th so if it is before count me in.

Thanks Steve ;)
Sorry Bazza, but I'm back in work next week. Just got the rest of this week to play with :D

TTFN,

Steve T

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
ooooh thanks for reminding me what it like up there:cool::cool::cool::cool:looks like a great time dudes:cool:

·
Deer Dodger
3,199 Posts
Nice one Steve,

Had to work :mad: :mad: :mad: as you know, maybe next time.
BTW I went up to the mast in the winter with a dusting of snow, started to sweat a bit on the way down.
Was planning it on the haggis run but there were a group of bird twitchers, with radios, would you believe, scampering up the track.

Did you check your chain guide for squished Ptarmigan chicks ?? :D :D

See you soon

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
Yet some more views from the phone mast . .

This one of me and Paul settling our nerves having followed the Mountie up the hill.

The view down from the phone mast . . . . only for the brave!
You rode up that :confused: :confused: :confused:

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

·
Hill Rider
3,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You rode up that :confused: :confused: :confused:

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Vertical ascent - - no problem :rolleyes:

Getting down in one piece is the hard bit :D

·
Hill Rider
3,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Did you check your chain guide for squished Ptarmigan chicks ?? :D :D
Only wild life up there was us, one lesser spotted HiVizMan, one grizzled Mountie and a sheep chasing Welshman.

Sorry you missed it due to that work thing (I'm back t mill next week).

I'll pm next ride details soon - Sat or Sun good for you?

TTFN,

Steve T

1 - 15 of 15 Posts