Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simple really, any thoughts, opinions, advice, pointers, scare stories, glowing reports etc etc etc?

Looking for a new toy and these really seem to fit the bill, seem like a fair bit of bike for the money

Cheers!

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
My mate has a Falco and a Caponard. The Caponord is for sale but the Falco is staying he's had it several years loves it to bits and quite often jumps on it and goes off for the day. Father is an Aprillia main dealer service manager and says there are no known issues that cause any drama's on them. I've ridden it and it is a nice bike to ride and my mates not had any issues with it.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds promising... time to have a more concerted search I think...

Cambourne eh?! Small world, I used to live in Redruth!

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Sounds promising... time to have a more concerted search I think...

Cambourne eh?! Small world, I used to live in Redruth!
I was born in Redruth hospital in 76, whats your real name we may know each other??

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've always been known as Ferg, we're pretty much the same age, I came down in '95/'96 to go to Cornwall College as part of a University of Plymouth course.
Lived at the top of East End in Redruth, b'strd hill, all the pubs were at the bottom!!
Vaguely remember many staggers back up home from The Twighlight Zone in 'Druth and nights out in Cambourne, can't remember the names of the drinking places in Cambourne tho. Always remember it being a touch 'lively' so to speak!

Feels like a long time ago!!!

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
I've always been known as Ferg, we're pretty much the same age, I came down in '95/'96 to go to Cornwall College as part of a University of Plymouth course.
Lived at the top of East End in Redruth, b'strd hill, all the pubs were at the bottom!!
Vaguely remember many staggers back up home from The Twighlight Zone in 'Druth and nights out in Cambourne, can't remember the names of the drinking places in Cambourne tho. Always remember it being a touch 'lively' so to speak!

Feels like a long time ago!!!
Camborne then was the Berkely centre, fiday night snog a dog night and punch up night. Saturday night same people went to Twilight zone in reduth. Berkely centre building was bought by Wetherspoons about 2 years ago they spent a couple million pounds doing the building up and now it's the same as every other wetherspoons they all lack atmosphere and serve cheap **** food but beer deals can cancel that out. However last week in Ireland we went into one of them then went to the local pubs which were just better and we had more fun with the locals

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ha ha, thats the one! The Berkley Centre, a classic night out!

You could tell the sort of place the Twighlight Zone was from the airport style walk through metal detector on the way in! Classy.

Had a mate who lived in Penzance, an evening out down there was usually fairly eventful too.

Living down there has given me a lifelong love for Cornwall and it's pace of life. Further along my 'lifeplan' (a loose term) is a move back down there for sure.

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Ha ha, thats the one! The Berkley Centre, a classic night out!

You could tell the sort of place the Twighlight Zone was from the airport style walk through metal detector on the way in! Classy.

Had a mate who lived in Penzance, an evening out down there was usually fairly eventful too.

Living down there has given me a lifelong love for Cornwall and it's pace of life. Further along my 'lifeplan' (a loose term) is a move back down there for sure.
Twilight zone's been leased out or somethig and has gone down hill badly. There was a spell where knifings were happening for a few weeks then stopped. I'm hearing rumours that Romanian have something to do with it but i haven't been there for years grown out of night clubbing. I did work there as a glass boy when i was at school. Was always knackered on fridays going to school as Thursday night was the clubs busiest night i used to leave the club about 3am go home get a bit of kip and was up about 7ish to go to school was fantastic at that age though 14ish

1 - 8 of 8 Posts