Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A massive thanks to Terry Birtles from Arai helmets.
I recently bought a second hand Arai Tour X3 helmet, after a few rides i noticed the peak would not hold up in the fully open position and would drop down very easily, i contacted Arai who advised on a few different replacement parts but that would be very costly, I then had an email from Terry who is the Divisional Brand Manager and after a few emails got the helmet sent back, it was repaired and returned and as good as new. All this at no cost to me.
The helmet may have been out of waaranty but they fixed it anway.:thumbup:

·
Registered
459 Posts
I broke the grill on my tour x. Took to the bike show. They fixed it there and then for free. Cant fault them:thumbup:

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Great news Jase

I have a Tour X (mark 1) and had the visor retrofitted back in 2007 for the pinlock system

They sent the visor away to be drilled in a special jig and then returned to me

Cost £25 including the visor insert and postage

Top service indeed

·
Registered
7,735 Posts
Same here, a while back I acquired a, errrm, 3rd hand Quantum F that was originally purchased in Japan.

I took it to the guys in a service tent at one of the big shows.
Firstly they said the lud was 8 yrs old, had had quite a bit of use but was sound & I should think about replacing it in a few years....

They then spent over 1/2 hr trimming bits of foam, fitting them, trying the lid, removing, trimming etc etc all to get a perfect fit. All to save ME buying new cheek pads, even gave the helmet a clean, adjusted & lubed the visor mechanism - all FOC ;)

Of course if you drop or have an accident in an Arai, send it to them and they'll tell you whether it's safe to use - foc.

Top service :)

sent from my 'phone

1 - 4 of 4 Posts