Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Yokel In Utah
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having looked at the options and deciding against Alpos panniers again (and fainting at the price of Zegas :D), I followed a link on the UKGSer forum to ARDCase panniers.

These are made by a guy called Roger Munsey in Cambridgeshire, out of 2mm aluminium on the outward faces, 2.5mm aluminium on the bottom and back (the back to give a stronger mounting face).

Ordered them on 17th July, they were posted out on 26th July and arrived on the 30th. Good service :thumbup: I ordered the 8" wide one for the offside and 10" for the nearside in an attempt to balance, but Roger said he could make them in pretty much any width required.

Took a while to mount them as I decided I needed to change the racks from SW Motech to Touratech. but once the racks and pucks arrived off I went.

From the front:

The big arse:

For now I've just gone for four plain padlocks keyed alike, as I was too lazy to sort a better system of locks out prior to the National - they do rattle a bit though :D

·
I need a hug!
1,231 Posts
Great lookin cases, just a thought, if you look in DIY type places you can buy padlocks that are coated in soft rubber/plastic, they might save marks on the cases and stop the rattleing too:rolleyes:

BIGROG:thumbup:

·
Yokel In Utah
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Luckily, the padlocks I bought aren't long enough to reach the case itself - they bang against the latch mechanism :D Some sort of rubber sleeve would do the job, until I get something from Protex or the like next year. I doubt that I'll be using the panniers again this year after I get back to the island in early October from the National and my France trip.

·
Registered
10 Posts
These look ace. I have Hepco Becker alu panniers but they sit higher than the seat so can't lay stuff across. :thumbup:

·
Nexus 6
1,320 Posts
Resurrect mode on..........

I thought I'd drag this old chestnut up again. Samwise - you ditched the SW Motec frames and fitted H/B. Why was that mate? I've got SWM frames (the flat plate type with small pegs at the base that the paniers slide onto and a wedge system for the top mount) to suit the GIVI panniers I have, but I want to fit some of these ArdCase ones instead - could the guy not come up with a method of fitting them to SWM frames then?

·
Truffle shuffle king
1,281 Posts
HI
Sorry to bump this but I was thinking, next time I change the Varadero I would buy one without the full Honda luggage and then it would allow me to get some aluminium panniers.
On this forum and the Usgers site the ArdCase seems to be approved but I am struggling to find out where to get them from

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
roger in ramsey,near peterborough.
GOG has his number

·
Top Cat
1,636 Posts
His number is on my panniers.

PM me if you still need it and I'll pop into the garage tonight and check. (I'm on the Twin today and the panniers are on my Tiger - I keep swapping 'em around).

·
Senile member, who r u ?
1,364 Posts
Bloody good bit of kit, and you can have them powder coated to match your bike, highly recommended :thumbup:

·
Truffle shuffle king
1,281 Posts
Thanks for that. I have been in touch and will sort some out. Saw also some done for the GS on gser website.
Very much happier supporting someone like Roger anyway.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts