Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am a newbie wondering if ATs' electrical systems are generally problem-free or if they are the softy kind.
I am a Transalp rider (400cc '97) and many Transalps including mine seem to develop electrical problems (such as one cylinder intermittently dead, etc.) on getting older. I am considering switching to a second-hand AT, so if you wise AT owners could enlighten my ignorance, I would be grateful if you could answer the following questions:
1/ Is the AT's electrical system built of concrete or is it rather softy?
2/ Transalps and ATs have a distinctive family look, but when I have a look at the forums, I find the complaints are different: more electrical system complaints for the Transalps, more fuel pump complaints for the AT. So more generally, what are the not-so-good sides of the AT?
Thanks beforehand for sharing your immense experience in the matter
Duchoux

·
Golam Rosewater
1,444 Posts
It's only the older Transalps that suffer with the old CDI's, the newer models have much the same set-up as the AT's (without the fuel pump :wink: ).
Think the Japanese AT's are better built than the Italian & Spanish built 'Alps :oops:
Transalps have better seats though :)

I'll get me coat.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, wheeliebin, I guess I should get a 750 Transalp model '05 if all those rumors of a new '05 model become reality to enjoy the best of both worlds...
Happy riding!
Duchoux

1 - 3 of 3 Posts