Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Captain unsensible.......
2,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today, in preperation for the longest day I had the oil and filter changed,a new rear tyre fitted and new rear brake pads fitted..... no problem, anyhow whilst stipping and cleaning the caliper i dropped one of the little rubber boots and couldnt find it, so whilst in the dealer i asked if they had one in stock, guess how much the thieving cnuts for yamaha want.....

this is a picture of the type of rubber caliper boot thingy I'm on about..

yamaha want £47.00 - Yes thats an eye watering, piss taking FORTY SEVEN quid....

Strangely enough I went home and turned the garage upside down till i found it...

This is the last yamaha I will be buying..... No wonder they are in financial dire straights. greedy [email protected] - I hope they go bust....

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
The worst is that I'm not surprised.

I once broke the little rubber cap that sits on the caliper bleed nipple. I asked how much for a replacement....

... no replacement, sir: you have to buy a new caliper.:eek:

Needless to say, I plugged the nipple with grease and left it at that.

They do all have a great sense of humour, eh?

·
Fine, upstanding member
2,296 Posts
I bought a teeny-weeny oil seal (actually a ring like a fat rubber band) for the rear caliper of my Kawasaki for £16. It caused me to wonder how much the bike would cost if you built it from new parts. :confused:

(Mind you, I'll say this for Kawasaki (or at least Cornwall Kawasaki): it isn't half handy having all the fiches for all the bikes online so that you can work out what part you want and then buy it. Come on Honda!)

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
I bought a teeny-weeny oil seal (actually a ring like a fat rubber band) for the rear caliper of my Kawasaki for £16. It caused me to wonder how much the bike would cost if you built it from new parts. :confused:

(Mind you, I'll say this for Kawasaki (or at least Cornwall Kawasaki): it isn't half handy having all the fiches for all the bikes online so that you can work out what part you want and then buy it. Come on Honda!)
Around 10 years ago I remember reading that it would cost £46,000.00 to build a ZX6R using new parts from a dealer:(

·
Tenacious Member
1,435 Posts
Around 10 years ago I remember reading that it would cost £46,000.00 to build a ZX6R using new parts from a dealer:(
Was that just parts, or did it include labour? :D

·
Registered
256 Posts
Try this then.....
Motorbike components for Honda XL-600-VH (G)
All you do is put your frame no. into the box on the left side colum, and viola... full parts list for your specific bike.

Titch:thumbleft:

·
Registered
585 Posts
The worst is that I'm not surprised.

I once broke the little rubber cap that sits on the caliper bleed nipple. I asked how much for a replacement....

... no replacement, sir: you have to buy a new caliper.:eek:

Needless to say, I plugged the nipple with grease and left it at that.

They do all have a great sense of humour, eh?
Here's a tip on this one. Any good parts place sell batteries and on batteries is a little cap on the breather pipe outlet that you throw away when you fit the breather pipe. These are ideal to fit on bleed nipples and usually free from your friendly parts man.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts