Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
I've been in touch with Honda UK and Bridgestone. They say the 23" was discontinued over a year ago and any tyres still around will be old stock. :(

I've emailed the company you found about UK delivery and will post their answer once I get it.

Maybe we could have a group buy or something? :thumbright:

B

·
0 Posts
I spent a lot of time recently hunting for these tyres. All the major UK suppliers / importers told me they were not available anywhere and that I should get my front wheel re-laced.
However, being the stubborn sod that I am, I searched on and found these at Pneus-online:

Tyres 3.00 23

Maxxis tyres priced from £53-59. Ordering was easy and delivery quick! They also do a matching rear for £60!

Tyre MOTO MAXXIS M6034 REAR - 4.60/-1 -18 63 P: sale of tyres MOTO MAXXIS on Pneus Online

I hope this helps

Ben:thumbup:

·
Registered
924 Posts
out of interest, what bike is it your needing a 23" tyre for?

·
Red Blooded Biker
922 Posts

I had one of these but I didn't like the grip that I didn't have in the wet mud that we get in the UK. I kept the 23" for the dry weather, but had a 21" rim with a Michelin T61 (back in those days) for the muddy stuff.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Bad news guys - Cheap Cycle Parts can't ship outside the USA / Canada. :(

But I've also contacted Todd Dixon - Sales Coordinator at Tires Unlimited www.tiresunlimited.com and they can supply 23" Bridgestones.
The delivery is around $100 for a front and rear tyre, so around $240 total, or around £160 which doesn't seem too bad. :thumbup:

Of course if import duty and VAT were added it wouldn't look so good, but I'm sure no-one would begrudge the government their cut for doing absolutely nothing! :hitler:

Perhaps it still may be worth a few of us getting together if there's enough interest?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I spent a lot of time recently hunting for these tyres. All the major UK suppliers / importers told me they were not available anywhere and that I should get my front wheel re-laced.
However, being the stubborn sod that I am, I searched on and found these at Pneus-online:

Tyres 3.00 23

Maxxis tyres priced from £53-59. Ordering was easy and delivery quick! They also do a matching rear for £60!

Tyre MOTO MAXXIS M6034 REAR - 4.60/-1 -18 63 P: sale of tyres MOTO MAXXIS on Pneus Online

I hope this helps

Ben:thumbup:
Cheers, just ordered a front one:thumbup:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Ordered a front as well, major thanks for the website. :thumbup:

Might get a Bridgestone from the States as well, keep it in stock so to speak! :p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts