Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD SOLD SOLD
Well its time to say goodbye to my project bike, Ive done all the hard work and was building this bike up as its converted from an Armstrong CMX 500 circa 1985.
Loads of work done from powder coated frame ( gloss black)
refurbished wheels/ tyres ( readonised gold akront rims) respoke ( stainless)all new bearings powder coated hubs, new plastic side panels etc etc
Fully running and goes like the wind....( no not in dribs and farts!)
I've only got it up for sale as I'm changing direction and have purchased a vintage car as retirement becons in but a few months....:thumb:
To be honest I'm even struggling for storage space of this bike:( as its sitting up the corner of my garage.

only job left is to re gas oilins rear shock and sort a wire out?
This is NOT and never was a military bike, they were all twin shock (different frame) its VERY easy to start on the kickstart
It has a 'go for broke' flat slide competition carb, new battery ( for lights) concealed in the air box, new air filters etc
And a folder full of bills/ instruction manuals
Price?

£1195 ono

Or as near as I can get and this is quite a bit below what has been spent so far!
There is one for sale on the military web site at £1295 and it does not even have a side stand/ lights/ registration !
So I think my price is more than fair !
This bike is one of only 125 made by Armstrong and its number 118 ( no joke intended) so its both 'classic' and 'collectable' and VMCC eligible at 25yrs old!
So its rare/ fun and usable, you can return it to motorcross spec if required

I intended to use it for off road trails but will not have the time as I'm starting a 'Wedding Car hire' business and my week ends will be busy with that! (dooh)

The project has been detailed on this website under Magwas new project

there are MORE pictures further down this thread

so if interested send me a PM or e mail to
[email protected]

If I had to consider a PX it would be a small capacity machine to hang on the back of my Camper Van
a 50cc little scooter or up to 100cc small bike WHY

Cheers

magwa:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yes , Road legal, it has lights/ ( battery) speedo, CCM road legal tail pipe/silencer, electric horn
I have a registration document for the bike

So in short no problem

:thumbup:

·
sfx wheels
806 Posts
good luck with the wedding car business

if you dont give something you like a go ,,, youll just never ever know
will you , fair play to ya matey
hey look at me ,,,,,
wife calls it an expensive hobby , lol
www.sfxwheels.moonfruit.com

regards paul:thumbright:

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
cheers
And yes your rebuilt wheels on theCCM/ Armstrong do look the 'dogs danglies'
Anybody buying can't fault your workmanship

I will be back to see you with another project...( cos I always have to be building a bike)
but perhaps not for a while...dooh
:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
well Ive virtually finished the restoration now, just a few minor wiring jobs and a rear shock to re gas and it will be up to MOT standard inc registration
I had to stop all work on the two wheeler play things due to serious family illness and the resultant jobs of sorting wills/ estates/ probate etc etc hence the delay in getting this bike sorted
A few pics below as she is now
not quite finished but nearly there!
see below

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cheers
I will :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,179 Posts