Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took part in Exercise ENDURING HELP over the weekend, a 24hr session for teams of four using MT350 Army Harley Davidsons. Had never ridden them before and must say am very impressed. We crashed and dropped them hundreds of times over the 24hrs and they didn't complain.

We completed about 125km each over the period - the lap was about 5km mainly through woods with a cheeky sand bowl and numerous 'specials'. Only fell off about 5 times. Rode into a tree once. Riding through the night in woods with crap headlights is an experience!

Some of the other bikes that took part were some Honda CR250 and the Dutch brought along their KTMs (jammy b*stards).

All in all we did well considering our team were novices (including me). Came 11th out of 80 teams. Some pics below:

Our Bikes:

The Competition area:

The Main Pit Lanes:

Getting Ready on the Grid:

Le Mans style kick off:

Team mates:

Yours Truly!

Someone has an embarrassing 'OFF' in the pits!

·
A man without Ale.
2,666 Posts
Looks like a lot of fun.. Wish i was there...

·
Registered
288 Posts
Very nice piccies, what kind of camera/lens :)

When you said "Harley" I had a slightly different bike in mind before seeing the first picture. Looks like you had a nice day out.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Very nice piccies, what kind of camera/lens :)
I recently treated myself to a new digi Canon 400D SLR. These pics had either the standard 18-55mm or a 200mm one used. Amazing quality compared to my old point-and-shoot. Very happy with it :cool:

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Nice camouflage. I could hardly see you all in those trees. :D

·
Registered
736 Posts
i was hopeing to take part my self cos it looks like a good weekend, dont suppose u no how the Scottish tpt regt did do ya Richie.

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Don't you recognise the lid? ;)
I would not know what your lid looks like richie since every time i see you i have to close my eyes cause of this bright yellow light which seems to be near you all the time:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i was hopeing to take part my self cos it looks like a good weekend, dont suppose u no how the Scottish tpt regt did do ya Richie.
Sorry Bazza, all teams were by number rather than Unit so I wouldn't have recognised them.

I recommend getting amongst it next year if you get the chance.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would not know what your lid looks like richie since every time i see you i have to close my eyes cause of this bright yellow light which seems to be near you all the time:D:D:D:D
It's a ray of sunshine and happiness eminating from the Twon....:)

·
Cant stop 'tinkering'
1,818 Posts
looks like a great course, and really good quality pics :thumbup:

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
richie you jammy bugger that looked like a right feckin hoot:cool: :cool: :cool: bet your going to take some catching over the plains now:D :D :D :D :D

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
Chad, sooooo tempted to visit Army surplus and buy me one of them Harleys. They're frickken unbreakable :cool:
ive thought about it too but just dunno where to get them.........anyways she would bloody shoot me if i tried now;) :D :D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts