Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got round to fitting my exhaust, i mite sound abit dumb but is the headers ment to get red cus of how hot it is? Or is my engine running hotter than it shud thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
694 Posts
If you haven't re-jetted since fitting the pipe you should stop riding the bike until you have. Start with a 175 main jet and the pilot screw 3.5 turns out.

·
Registered
404 Posts
probably needs rejetting as Bobn says but i've had exhaust headers glowing red on air cooled bikes that are revved a bit whilst stationary and they weren't running lean as far as i know. looks a bit worrying at the time and will be if you're running lean as a result of running a more free flowing exhaust . You may well be risking a meltdown /seizure!

·
Registered
404 Posts
probably needs rejetting as Bobn says but i've had exhaust headers glowing red on air cooled bikes that are revved a bit whilst stationary and they weren't running lean as far as i know. looks a bit worrying  at the time and will be if you're  running lean as a result of running a more free flowing exhaust . You may well be risking a meltdown /seizure!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers lads i checked my engine oil level yesterday and it was around half a ltr under it shud be. Luckly i dont have the bike on the road yet i got it as a project to learn and tat with. Since replacing the oil and putting the rite amount in it runs alot smoother and dosent get as hot. The person i braught the bike off told me that he had recently changed the oil. But he was obvs lieing. Were is best to get jet kits from

Luke

·
Registered
694 Posts
Read the thread "FX post oil change ritual" for the lowdown on oil level on these bikes.

·
Registered
21 Posts
How much did the exhaust system cost you? I'm looking for one for myself.
Is the arrow header pipes diameter bigger than original header pipes?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Cheers lads i checked my engine oil level yesterday and it was around half a ltr under it shud be. Luckly i dont have the bike on the road yet i got it as a project to learn and tat with. Since replacing the oil and putting the rite amount in it runs alot smoother and dosent get as hot. The person i braught the bike off told me that he had recently changed the oil. But he was obvs lieing. Were is best to get jet kits from

Luke
Being an air cooled single you will probably find they will use a bit of oil anyway. An oil temp stick to replace the oil filler cap is a good buy and lets you keep an eye on the temperature.

I found the likes of wemoto, nrp etc tend to use unbranded jets and for similar money from ebay you can get genuine Keihin Jets although it does take a little more time buying them separately and you need to know what you want. This guy was pretty good https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/jetsplus , he won't advise what jets you need but there is plenty of info to make the right choice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts