Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I´m looking for a new endcan for my Twin, and narrowed the search into either LeoVince or Arrow PD... What I would like to know is, if the Arrow is road legal?
I´ve been looking through their website, but can´t seem to find an answer... Can anyone here help??

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi,

Somehow the can issue is not exactlly the hottest topic around here...I posted a similar inquiry a few threads below, not much resonance there either.

I have a 98 RD 07 A and LV SBK EVO II ALU seems to be the "optimal" solution. My alternative was MIVV but dont know much about it, nor seems to be anyone out there who has exp with it.

All I know is LV is well acclaimed for by a majority XRV users, sound, torque and costwise.

Kerem Cesmebası

·
Captain unsensible.......
2,553 Posts
I have an Arrow end can on my super tenere - its well finished and a quality exhaust. Its not road legal and when it had the baffle/spark arrestor in it ran like a sack of ****. once removed it runs immaculately and sounds the ********....

I also have a set of LV cans on my XT660Z Tenere which sound brilliant with the baffles in and sound like all hell breaking loose when removed, finish is ok and the bike runs much better low down...

both are good....

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
most folk I know have Venom or Laser pros fitted :D

general concesus is that re-jetting is not required if the can is street legal and correct for the bike..
hope that helps :)

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
I have a Remus Grand Prix oval alluminium end can and link pipe. It does not have a removable baffle but sounds great (not too loud but you can hear me arriving) and is considerably lighter at 3.5kg than the standard can 9.8kg. More fuel efficient too. I have not jetted the carbs and I have no popping and banging on over run. The build quality is excellent. Now 8 years old and I've covered 47,000 miles. It is also E marked therefore road legal. After 47,000 miles

This model has been superceded by the Remus Revolution offering more options other than aluminium and now having a removable baffle. Also E marked when the baffle is in. I'm not sure if it's still the case but Remus used to offer a lifetime warranty against the packing. I've certainly had no issues with that either.

The angle of the can when fitted is important too. Mine fits in a similar location to the standard can so is perfect in relation to the pannier racks I have fitted, which are Touratech and similar in location to Givi, Hepco & Becker et al

I'll try and attach a photo to show you what I mean

My mate has a Leo Vincii on his AT but the exhaust baffle end fires straight at one of the pannier frame's cross support struts and looks a bit unfinished / unprofessional if you get my drift and it could not locate any other way

·
it's about an hour......
2,198 Posts
Ive got an Arrow and got to say its pretty good. Its looks good (imho) and without the baffle sounds amazing. Really loud with lots of grunt. BUT, it does backfire a lot - I was going to start a seperate post about this. I have no idea if the carbs have been jetted as Paul-S points out in the previous post (I expect not hence the backfire). It pops when going down the gears, and has started to backfire on starting the engine. My question is will this cause damage? And if so what can I do about it, jet the carbs - what is this? And is it expensive? And can I do it myself?

I have an MOT due next Thursday so have now put the baffle in the exhaust and it doesnt sound a lot quieter. I took it out for a quick sping and seems to have the same power (is this right?) and doesnt backfire or pop now.

I hope its road legal otherwise it will fail the MOT?

Heres the can on my bike

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Ive got an Arrow and got to say its pretty good. Its looks good (imho) and without the baffle sounds amazing. Really loud with lots of grunt. BUT, it does backfire a lot - I was going to start a seperate post about this. I have no idea if the carbs have been jetted as Paul-S points out in the previous post (I expect not hence the backfire). It pops when going down the gears, and has started to backfire on starting the engine. My question is will this cause damage? And if so what can I do about it, jet the carbs - what is this? And is it expensive? And can I do it myself?

back fire is in the exhaust so nowt to worry about.. (unless it detonates and fires your baffels out the end :hitler: its due to the nature of the diaphragm carbs they are slow in dropping the fuel needle when the throttles closed so it runs even richer on the over run.. check you plugs to see if the mixture is right, if you really worried

it the can is not marked you may have MOT issues

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hi,
bedowsm, take your bike for its mot to Reliable Autos, long lane, Aintree.
They are excellent as long as the bike is in good order they wont be concerned about an unmarked can. I take my Bandit there with a Viper can thats loud as anything, not marked and it passes everytime.

I thought there was a new law which leaves it to the testers discretion using a Harley as the benchmark?

·
it's about an hour......
2,198 Posts
Hi,
bedowsm, take your bike for its mot to Reliable Autos, long lane, Aintree.
Thanks but its already booked into a place in Runcorn. I may ride down over the weekend and see if the exhaust is going to cause a problem (I will first check it properly for markings!) and if it is then Ill put the original on to get it through its MOT.:thumb:

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
I run a Quill Titanium can, It has no baffles and no facility to have them fitted, It sounds awesome but does have a bit of popping on decelleration (which I like) power delivery seems smooth and economy is fine at over 230 miles to the tank (so I'm in no rush to get the popping sorted), It passed its MOT a week ago with an advisory "exhaust excessively loud" (It has no BS or E marks and it doesn't state "not for road use")

A member of this forum recently had a stainless Quill (legal) can and link pipe fitted to his AT at a cost of £220.00 and the guys there really know their stuff and treat your bike with respect

Quill Exhausts
Unit 18, Golborne Enterprise Park
Kidglove Road
Golborne
Warrington
WA3 3DP Tel: +0044 (0) 1942 721744

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all your answers - it´s really helpfull, and brought a couple of new (to me) options into play... in particular the quill on looks interesting...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts