Honda XRV Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 179 Posts

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Concerning T-shirts, decals ect, last year there was some discussion about how expensive these ended up being, so some guidance on the design would be appreciated, for example the prices for printing can vary enormously depending on how many colours are used...single colour prints on the T-shirts would make them much cheaper, personalising T-shirts adds significant cost both of these issues apply equally to the decals.....opinions please!

Also if anyone has any inspiration for design?.....all help much appreciated

as for the website, if we're using the same template as last year banner sizes ect would be appreciated:thumbup:

·
Senile member, who r u ?
1,364 Posts
Re: Let the Planning Begin

Concerning T-shirts, decals ect, last year there was some discussion about how expensive these ended up being, so some guidance on the design would be appreciated, for example the prices for printing can vary enormously depending on how many colours are used...single colour prints on the T-shirts would make them much cheaper, personalising T-shirts adds significant cost both of these issues apply equally to the decals.....opinions please!

as for the website, if we're using the same template as last year banner sizes ect would be appreciated:thumbup:
Hi Russ don't know if you have come across these people Logos4polos - Simply, High Quality Embroidered Polo Shirts Farky posted a link to them recently. I have sent them an email about prices, I think the heavy weight Fruit of the Loom or the Gildan t-shirts should satisfy the riders with regard to quality, do their printing cost look competitive ?

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Hi Russ don't know if you have come across these people Logos4polos - Simply, High Quality Embroidered Polo Shirts Farky posted a link to them recently. I have sent them an email about prices, I think the heavy weight Fruit of the Loom or the Gildan t-shirts should satisfy the riders with regard to quality, do their printing cost look competitive ?
Difficult to work out as there's no way to add personalisation of each shirt, If each shirt was classed a an individual item with a three colour print on the front and the name printed in a single colour on the rear it could worlk out pretty expensive......would be better to contact them directly:thumbup:

·
Senile member, who r u ?
1,364 Posts

Difficult to work out as there's no way to add personalisation of each shirt, If each shirt was classed a an individual item with a three colour print on the front and the name printed in a single colour on the rear it could worlk out pretty expensive......would be better to contact them directly:thumbup:

In hand :thumbleft:

·
Senile member, who r u ?
1,364 Posts

Russ I personally liked the ones you did for The Rosedale Rumble, just a suggestion black T-shirts etc, using the Red, White and Blue of the Union Jack and French Tricolor :confused: But then you are the aritst, so Hudders says :D

·
Senile member, who r u ?
1,364 Posts

Had this in from one of the t-shirt suppliers, and have gone back to ask how much it would be extra to have riders names printed on the back.

Hi

Thanks for your enquiry.

Your quote is as follows:

Origination charges for printing screens @ £18.00 per colour

Print prices £1.20 first colour, £0.28 every additional colour thereafter - per design based on 100 units.

Fruit of the Loom premium t-shirts £2.16

Delivery @ £10.00 per carton of 50

All ex vat.

Example price of a t-shirt with a 2 colour design on the back and single on the front £4.84 x 100 = £484.00
Screens x 3 = £54.00
Delivery @ £20.00

Total £558.00 + vat = £655.65

FOTL Long sleeve premium t-shirts as above @ £6.04 + vat = £7.09

FOTL Fleece Jackets + left breast embroidery from £15.00 + vat = £17.62

·
Senile member, who r u ?
1,364 Posts

Had this in from one of the t-shirt suppliers, and have gone back to ask how much it would be extra to have riders names printed on the back.

Hi

Thanks for your enquiry.

Your quote is as follows:

Origination charges for printing screens @ £18.00 per colour

Print prices £1.20 first colour, £0.28 every additional colour thereafter - per design based on 100 units.

Fruit of the Loom premium t-shirts £2.16

Delivery @ £10.00 per carton of 50

All ex vat.

Example price of a t-shirt with a 2 colour design on the back and single on the front £4.84 x 100 = £484.00
Screens x 3 = £54.00
Delivery @ £20.00

Total £558.00 + vat = £655.65

FOTL Long sleeve premium t-shirts as above @ £6.04 + vat = £7.09

FOTL Fleece Jackets + left breast embroidery from £15.00 + vat = £17.62
We're looking at an extra £3.50 to have them personalised with the riders name on the back. So thats about a tenner before we put a bit of profit on the top. Looking at another supplier, so will come back at yer !

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)

We're looking at an extra £3.50 to have them personalised with the riders name on the back. So thats about a tenner before we put a bit of profit on the top. Looking at another supplier, so will come back at yer !

The likelyhood is that we will have at least three colours on the front (those being red white and blue and maybe even black) obviously this depends on the T-shirt colour, Maybe the rear of the shirts should be restricted to just one colour........all this and I have n't even got a design yet (although I'm working on it):rolleyes:

Anyone got a scalable vector image of the Blackpool Tower or fancy drawing one?

·
Senile member, who r u ?
1,364 Posts
Decals

Guys For info, reply to my enquiry with a decal printer

Hi Mark, those will be fine to do, price for each kit of 8 decals will be £14 - these will come on one sheet, pre cut, and we can make them with the individual riders number as required.

Thanks
Mike

·
Senile member, who r u ?
1,364 Posts

Russ From the Decal supplier

Any vector format is fine, preferably an EPS file, this will make it much easier for us to make the print ready artwork, and also be able to change the numbers ( we will only need a copy with one of the numbers on, and the name of the font used as we can then make up all the others based on that )

Cheers
Mike

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts

Just use a Kiss me quick hat and a pool of vomit. Everyone will know where you mean.

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: Reply from French Bike Site

Website..... :D and eh?!? tell the riders, then the fun starts
I need the dimensions of the images required for the website........who's doing the site this year?
Other than that all I need is inspiration:confused:

·
Senile member, who r u ?
1,364 Posts

Other than that all I need is inspiration:confused:
Map of GB Map of France, start point with outline of Blackpool Tower and GB flag, Ace Cafe in London outline of Eiffel Tower with French Flag, then draw a line. Make a Wish logo somewhere. Design on the back and The Longest Day 2011 on front left breast :D

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Map of GB Map of France, start point with outline of Blackpool Tower and GB flag, Ace Cafe in London outline of Eiffel Tower with French Flag, then draw a line. Make a Wish logo somewhere. Design on the back and The Longest Day 2011 on front left breast :D
Trying to make it different from all those that have gone before, but your description is about where its at although I've had no time so far to do anything decent ......this weekend I should have time to spend on it :thumbup:

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)

Right, I'm not sure if this is what most of you expected or wanted, please be frank with your comments......I've tried so many times to do a line drawing of Blackpool tower which has confirmed one thing......I'm a crap artist (can't even find a decent vector image of it to buy from the many stock libraries online) anyway here we go a possible T-Shirt design?

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts

I thinks it hard read / understand. doesnt flow very well

Thats how i see it anyway

I was have a playin about yesterday, can make up with this (after looking about the internet for pictures).

it not my work just tried to put some images together

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts

how as about is

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts

or this

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Yep thats all well and good, but thats someone elses stolen artwork (I also found that by searching in google images) the guys that used it cycled from tower to tower last year. If thats what the forum wants I can just steal someone elses work but the consequences of doing so will have to be shouldered by the forum .....not me:thumbup:

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts

Yep thats all well and good, but thats someone elses stolen artwork (I also found that by searching in google images) the guys that used it cycled from tower to tower last year. If thats what the forum wants I can just steal someone elses work but the consequences of doing so will have to be shouldered by the forum .....not me:thumbup:
it was more for ideas thats all, i did say i *borrowed* them :toothy7:

1 - 20 of 179 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.