Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought myself a lathe and milling machine recently and have been having a little play!! Thought I'd try and make some fork slugs to match my rose jointed adjustable rear links, here's my first attempt...just need to work out how to use the milling machine now to mill the flats on the top portion.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
Hmmmm

Why not go one or two better?

You could do one of the following...

1) Buy alloy schrader valves that are usually fitted to sportsbike wheels and fit them into a threaded hole in the top of the slug, so they're like the early AT tops with air adjustable preload.

2) Incorporate a threaded top bolt, with an O ring seal so that you can tighten it down for some preload.

Machining the flats will be relatively complicated but not impossible. Another option may be to just put a tapped hole in the top of the slug and fit a bolt with a locknut inside the slug maybe?

Nice machining!

Bob :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmmm

Why not go one or two better?

You could do one of the following...

1) Buy alloy schrader valves that are usually fitted to sportsbike wheels and fit them into a threaded hole in the top of the slug, so they're like the early AT tops with air adjustable preload.

2) Incorporate a threaded top bolt, with an O ring seal so that you can tighten it down for some preload.

Machining the flats will be relatively complicated but not impossible. Another option may be to just put a tapped hole in the top of the slug and fit a bolt with a locknut inside the slug maybe?

Nice machining!

Bob :thumbup:
I did think about possibly doing that and using the quick release air valves, I may do that on the second run. I've got enough material to make 5 pairs. I will stick a pair on my new RD03 project and see how I get on.

Will have to find out what thread the schrader values are, I was a little nervous about cutting a thread on the lathe but it turned out OK and fits the fork top perfectly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts