Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've replaced the calipers on my AT as the front brakes didn't work but now they are binding and it bounces when slowing down on front brakes so seems the discs are warped.

Any idea where to get some reasonably priced front discs from or does anyone have a straight second hand set for sale?

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Whatever you get stick with Honda OEM discs

·
BLUE 1999 xrv750x
727 Posts
Best place to get them from is dave silver spares- or try wemoto too..

Youll be looking at around £75.00 each though...

·
Toolbox
295 Posts
I've replaced the calipers on my AT as the front brakes didn't work but now they are binding and it bounces when slowing down on front brakes so seems the discs are warped.

Any idea where to get some reasonably priced front discs from or does anyone have a straight second hand set for sale?
Before you spend money, take off one disk, rotate 90 degrees and re-install. This seems to have helped often.

If it does not help, try surface grinding, if the remaining thickness of the discs allows. Should not be costing more than 30 quid / disc. (Note: The grinding as it is done for car brake disks does not work for motorcyle discs; you´ll need to look for someone specializing in motorcycle disks).

(Disclaimer: Work on brakes requires expert qualification. Note that repair manual requires use of new disc bolts.)
Cheers
Chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts