Honda XRV Forum banner
4K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  Massive Lee 
#1 ·
Want to stiffen up the front forks a bit.
Been told I could use a spacer in the top
Of each fork.
Is this a good idea and if so what sort of
Size would I need?

Cheers Bob.

#3 ·
#4 ·
+2

you won't regret it

test review here

http://www.xrv.org.uk/forums/produc...inators-slugs-mitas-tyres-e10s-e09-dakar.html

I've chased good riders on sports bikes flat out on a set of twisties for 26kms with E09 Dakars on and the front end allowed me to go into corners later, much harder and much faster to the point of the front sliding. Without them I would not have stood any chance and corner entry speed would have been 15-20 mph slower

#6 · (Edited)
got my AT set from a guy in Ireland a few years ago

got the ones for the alp from a Guy in Oz, who sold the bike before fitting them

and as the AT ones will drop into an XLV forks,

+ 1 for a bulk order if we get enough folk :thumbup:

geek moment...

the shim pack for the Alp is the same as the AT, only difference is the Alp is 41mm the AT 43mm :lol:

#11 ·
Thanks for all your replies guys.:thumbup:
Managed in the end to get what i wanted from the front end by sourcing 2 slitley shorter springs than the small ones in the top and inserting them along with the original's.
It's taken the initial dive away and firmed it up perfectly.
Wheather it's to do with my weight and size or not but the bike feels really planted and can corner as quick as i need.
All for a total cost of a fiver :thumbright:.

#15 ·
#14 ·
I suggested a group buy a while ago but as I live in Switzerland it was easier in the end just to order my own. Brian at Ricor was very helpful and it would definitely work buying 4/5 sets all posted to the same address. Don't forget import taxes - an extra €50 to France.

I've fitted mine now - easy job. I changed seals and bushes at the same time. Winter here though, so no test ride for a while yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.