Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Commuter Extraordinaire
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The fuel tap on my '98 bike has a slight leak in the valve mechanism when in the 'off' position. It looks like access into said mechanism is not easily possible as the cover plate is not screwed but riveted.
Has anyone managed to access the mechanism and, if so, are any spares even available?
As a comparison, the tap mechanism on my DRZ400 is easily accessible and I cured a similar leak by reversing a worn rubber gasket, plus new rubbers are available.
Alternatively, has anyone fitted a simple on/off tap into the supply pipe downstream of the OEM tap, say where it would be accessible adjacent to the fuel pump?

·
Space Emperor
653 Posts
I have the same problem ... not much, but a drip here and there. Enough to fill my whole house with gas vapors over night :D

·
Commuter Extraordinaire
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, in the absence of anyone having managed to repair a leaky tap, I found a suitable 90 degree on/off tap which could be fitted between the fuel filter and pump.... from Briggs and Stratton for one of their mowers, at around £7. However, I eventually decided to splash out on a new Honda tap at around £95, which leaves me the old one to open up and see if a repair is feasible.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts