Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

It's taken a while but finally I have an Alp in the garage :) Love the colour, nice clean machine, I am really chuffed.
I will take some pix at the weekend, but this is her.......

Alp-2.jpg

A big thanks to everyone who posted links and suggestions :) I will probably need a little advice on bits 'n' bobs but save that for a later date.

Cheers all,

Dave

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Fantastic news.
A great bike & good price to boot, you would have been a muppet to miss it ;)

Was even tempted myself at one point!

Enjoy

Phil

sent from my 'phone

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
good man dave you bought a beauty ,worth the wait for the right bike . :thumb:

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys :) I was lucky really as the seller was away for a few days and received a lot of emails and offers. Managed to get the van sorted and pop down literally 2 hours after he got back!

Alps seem to go so quickly, so I am well chuffed :)

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Lovely looking bike and great colour

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers for that - And it has spotlights too - that means its obviously ready for Marrakesh !! err.... well, Tesco at least ?

light.jpg

·
Hill Rider
3,112 Posts
Like Phil, I was tempted. Glad your well sorted now :thumbright:

Steve T

:cool:

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
nice one!

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
if you have a few quid to throw at it you could get a centre stand and engine bars from heavy duties the centre stand is 61 euro and engine bars are 76 it cost 30 euro to post the engine bars to Ireland . that's 106 euro or £88 to the front door . transalp 600 HD Accessories im thinking about getting a loobman chain oiler myself just the trick for winter rideing just top it up now and agin great job for a long long day in the saddle :thumbright:

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
if you have a few quid to throw at it you could get a centre stand and engine bars from heavy duties the centre stand is 61 euro and engine bars are 76 it cost 30 euro to post the engine bars to Ireland . that's 106 euro or £88 to the front door . transalp 600 HD Accessories im thinking about getting a loobman chain oiler myself just the trick for winter rideing just top it up now and agin great job for a long long day in the saddle :thumbright:
Thats a good idea, I would like engine bars and centre stand but at the moment I need it insured and taxed. So maybe next month.
nice idea :) Cheers for the link.

·
Registered
530 Posts
very tidy looking bike there, well done :thumbright::thumbright:

·
Registered
47 Posts
dave h may i ask what size ammo boxs are on that bike please have been i have home made pannier rail so need the sizes if thats ok thanks richie

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
Looks like you've picked up a really nice example there mate, just goes to show it pays to wait for the right bike :thumbup:

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Cheers for the comments lads :) I am pleased I waited - seems like so many Alps have slipped through my fingers but in hindsight, must have been fate !

Chuffed with this Alp, love thew color and condition :)

Thanks !

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well, stuff done so far..... Oil and filter change, a personal best at only an hour and a half (!), air filter on order from FleeBay, (Airbox cleaned out, rather messy), panniers removed, crankcase drain plug taken off - took ages (frightened I was going to snap it) only to find nowt came out :(

Helmet holder clip sorted so got access to toolkit, all present and correct but by-god what a pain to get to tool kit back in. Why didn't Honda make the box just a cm wider? lol !

So far so good, going to wait until March to Tax her then I'm on the road :) Happy days !

1 - 20 of 26 Posts