Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Africa Twin Club :: Log in
The most common problem of our beloved XRV-650/750RD04 is the fuel pump's usual malfancture.This happens due to its obsolete "philosophy" i.e. solenoids...!!! suffering from close-circuits (my God...).Unfortunately-if you are lucky- you can only replace the upper part.If the inner part is close-circuited, then...:( you have to pay a lot to buy a new one.Alternative solution? Buying a depression fuel pump from "AfricanQueens.de".Some guys use auto pumps (from old Mazda models) but I don't know whether it deserves the pain.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Without the rubber cover

the upper part.It is covered by the black plastric.Extremely sensible to humitidy, dirt and close circuits of course

Stare at the wiring:it suffers from static electricity and sometimes it is cut

the elastic membran cup

if this part is dry, forget it...you can't replace it

Hope to be helpfull

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
This is where most of Honda's OEM (also known as Mitsubishi fuel pumps) end up. That's where I put mine.

Breaker points/contacts is old technology now. Time to move on.
Many many threads here at xrv.org on repairing and modifying those old pumps and many work....and now Wemoto will sell you new contacts but for the price of new contacts or the pain of installing a zenor diode many here will just opt for a solid state Facet pump.

cheers. :thumbright:

·
Registered
19 Posts
This is a little off the thread, sorry, but what is the series number of the Keihin carbs on the RD07a?

I tried the search function....no luck there. DennisM :confused:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts