Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Building a 20mm box bender.

Hi guys, I am in the process of building a flat tracker from a Varadero frame.

I'll post a thread up when I get a chance, but here's a picture of the project.

P1040671.jpg

At the moment though I need some 20mm box section bending so I can fabricate a rear subframe.

Here are a few pictures of me attempting to build a 20mm box bender.

Attachments

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's the folowing days progress.

Attachments

·
Registered
741 Posts
Great write up, have you used it yet? How do you find that little Lincoln invertec?
I'm still in the market for a welder but would really like an AC/DC TIG and MMA welder in one which triples the price.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Nice work there mate to them that have never dun work like this is it takes time lots of it hundreds of hours having spent winters in the workshop building Trikes an bikes from the build the frame round the motor point. one of the best kicks/Buzz you can get is building it yourself an starting it and taking it out for the first time.

Boxtriker

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great write up, have you used it yet? How do you find that little Lincoln invertec?
I'm still in the market for a welder but would really like an AC/DC TIG and MMA welder in one which triples the price.
Sorry for the late reply, the bender has been excellent to use considering it was a prototype. I feel I couldn't of done it better tbh :thumb:

The Lincoln has been great & the welds have been flawless. If you have a read of "Bored with your Varadero" flat tracker thread there's more on welding with the Lincoln there if your interested.

I too was looking for a ac/dc machine but gave up because of the price they go for. My thoughts are that the more things the welder is capable of the more electronics there are to go wrong.

I've seen some cheap ac/dc machines on eBay lately, but with Christmas around the corner..

·
Registered
280 Posts
BLOODY EXCELLENT...bit of home grown engineering...dont forget to make a top for the frame for pressing things in or out of suspension arms etc.....10/10

1 - 6 of 6 Posts