Honda XRV Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Yep, effectively tfl are banning most pre-2007 bikes from central london

And if you look at bike prices in ebay, any decent 2007+ bike is the best part of £3,000+

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
Re: Attention all 650 owners in UK...(ULEZ)

I think I'll apply for the Deauville and Alp just in case (god forbid) I need to go to London, can't hurt resale either!

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
664 Posts

ds99

Honda just posted the Certificate of Conformity for my 2001 650 Transalp and exactly the same as yours.

·
Registered
21 Posts
It's their way of telling you they are NOT interested.:hitler::hitler:

·
Registered
251 Posts
I had a brief exchange of emails with Honda UK before Christmas, about my year 2000 NX650 Dominator...
Me: [requested CoC for the bike, quoted VIN and registration number]
Honda: CoC unavailable for that bike, either due to age / it's an off-road bike / it's an import.
Me: I suspect, from that list, it's because of age. Is there another source of emissions data for the bike? [It's not shown on the V5C reg doc]
Honda: Due to the age of the vehicle, these details are not available as they were not a requirement when the vehicle was manufactured.​

I'm a bit stumped now. If the manufacturer can't tell me the emissions data for the vehicle, I've no way of finding out whether it's below TfL's ULEZ NOx limit.

·
Registered
356 Posts

In April 2019 new emissions rules come into effect in London (The "ULEZ"). Any bike that does not meet the Euro3 standard will have to pay £12.50 per day to enter central London.

There is an online checker here where you can see if your bike is ok , or not

https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/ultra-low-emission-zone/vrm-checker-ulez

Now.... I entered a registration from a 2001 Transalp and that did not pass, yet a 2004 model did pass. As far as I can see they are exactly the same bike/engine/cat/exhaust/carbs.

So... I am asking any 650 owners out there to put their reg into the website and report back here the year of their bike, and if it passes the test, as I am curious to see if there is a pattern etc

Thanks

My 2004 model isn't liable....

Are the jets the same ?? No carbon cannister on earlier models perhaps ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I put my 2005 TransAlp XL650V in and it said subject to charge which is okay with me as I've finally escaped that rat race anyway :)

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
my 2001 model passed once i submitted the Honda "Certificate of Conformity" to TFL

41 - 52 of 52 Posts