Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts

·
XRV750 RD04
1,549 Posts
Wohooo.. Thank's so much mate. The irony is that I've been checking ebay pretty much daily for months for these and then the couple of days I don't do it they appear :D

Thanks loads for posting this up. Very much appreciated. Hopefully I can get them a bit cheaper than david silver wanted for a new one :)

·
XRV750 RD04
1,549 Posts
Ah...bugger. Looks like they're broken off around the hole on the right side one. This is the problem I had with mine (though the break was much worse than that I managed to bodge it up with plastic putty stuff, shape, sand and respray it - it looked almost perfect until it's started to crack a little from removing the fairing and putting it back on so many times recently, but still not perfect).

I don't think I'd be that much further forward with those ones unfortuantely. Thanks so much for thinking of me though. That's much appreciated :) Remind me to buy you a beer if I ever meet you :)

·
XRV750 RD04
1,549 Posts
P.S. How did you find these btw? When I do an ebay search on the UK site and select 'european' in the little drop down box/tick box, these don't seem to appear in the listings (unless I'm missing them).

Did you actually go to ebay.de then search there? Wondering if there are listings being missed when I select europe on the UK ebay site.

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
P.S. How did you find these btw? When I do an ebay search on the UK site and select 'european' in the little drop down box/tick box, these don't seem to appear in the listings (unless I'm missing them).

Did you actually go to ebay.de then search there? Wondering if there are listings being missed when I select europe on the UK ebay site.
go directly to ebay.de, half my bike comes fro there :-D

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Just spent a day gluing washers over where the holes should be, using wire mesh and then fibreglass to build these up for Project Zebra.

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
has anybody notified BOBA of these:thumbup:

·
XRV750 RD04
1,549 Posts
go directly to ebay.de, half my bike comes fro there :-D
Thanks. I'll have to start trying that. I usually just go to the UK ebay and select europe, but it seems it might not be displaying all the items that way (perhaps it's only those where the seller has chosen europe wide delivery or something).

·
XRV750 RD04
1,549 Posts
I don't think the rd07 models have them. On RD04's they go under the front indicators and fit between the front side fairings and the nose cone, bolting them together.

If you've got a bike that doesn't have them, you're lucky! Lots of them seem to break (one of mine was broken when I got the bike), and they're rare to find second hand. New ones are stupidly expensive for such a silly little thin strip of plastic :(

P.S. Your English there is good!

·
XRV750 RD04
1,549 Posts
My fairing when I got it (looking a bit cleaner and fixed up now though - well almost) - notice the broken thing on the right:

This is what it should look like (my left one - that's unbroken):

·
XRV750 RD04
1,549 Posts
Just spent a day gluing washers over where the holes should be, using wire mesh and then fibreglass to build these up for Project Zebra.
Just spotted your post. If it's not too much trouble, can you post a photo up of that when you're finished. Would love to have a look at those.

·
XRV750 RD04
1,549 Posts
I used a plastic putty to make the missing bit on mine. That seemed to work really well at first, and it looked as good as new once I'd shaped and sanded it and sprayed it, but then after putting the nose cone on and off a few times it's started to crack a little under the paint along the join.

Fibreglass would probably be much better. The hardest part I would guess will be the little lugs that connect it to the nose cone though.

If you make some I'd love to have a look. You might be able to sell a few if they're good and fit well. I've seen a few AT's with these cracked, broken or missing, and to buy a new one I think is around £60 plus delivery if my memory is right.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts