Honda XRV Forum banner

Aussie Needs Parts

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  atgreg 
G
#1 ·
G'day all,
I have a 1/1999 600 Transalp (twin disc model) (manufactured Honda Italy) that I bought from an Italian guy who shipped it to Oz to tour on.
Now I need parts for it but that model didn't come here so Honda Australia can't (or won't) help me at all.
Parts required are ONE COUNTER-SHAFT SPROCKET (15 TOOTH) and ONE SPEEDO DRIVE GEAR (the little nylon/plastic one in the speedo drive mount in the front hub).
Crazy I know!! I've managed to get most other bits I've needed but the spline on the engine sproket of my '99 is different to early models and late models (which did come here).
The question to you all out there in TRANSALP LAND is of course......How do I get hold of the above Parts......Please??

Thanks in advance to whoever can help me. Cheers, JEFRO

#2 ·
Hi mate and welcome.
Have you tried contacting David Silver?
http://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk
They usually have an extensive inventory and if they don't have the part available they can usually source it out for you quickly.
The main problem would be shipping costs since sending the parts Down Under would be a major expense.
Another route could be checking the parts catalogue in the "Bike Tech" section of this nice forum and see if your spares are shared by another Honda model.
Personally I don't understand Honda Australia policy: here in Italy we can order pretty much any part from a dealer, even if the bike is an obscure Japanese grey import. Of course prices and delivery times are usually insane but at least it's a sure source.

PS: a word of advice on the speedo drive gear. Do not use lube on it. It may seem like a sensible idea but most lubricants will slowly corrode the nylon and you'll end up with a broken speedo gear. Believe me, I've seen the damages first hand (courtesy of the previous owner) and that small part is ridicously expensive.

PPS: if you have troubles sourcing out the parts drop me a PM and I'll see if I can help you out.

#4 ·
G'day all,
I have a 1/1999 600 Transalp (twin disc model) (manufactured Honda Italy) that I bought from an Italian guy who shipped it to Oz to tour on.
Now I need parts for it but that model didn't come here so Honda Australia can't (or won't) help me at all.
Parts required are ONE COUNTER-SHAFT SPROCKET (15 TOOTH) and ONE SPEEDO DRIVE GEAR (the little nylon/plastic one in the speedo drive mount in the front hub).
Crazy I know!! I've managed to get most other bits I've needed but the spline on the engine sproket of my '99 is different to early models and late models (which did come here).
The question to you all out there in TRANSALP LAND is of course......How do I get hold of the above Parts......Please??

I've got a 1997 TA and get most spares from David Silver's. If its not listed on the website email them and they will send you a price. Top service. Even got colour matched body panels from them.

IanS

#5 ·
G'day all,

Jeffro,

chain gang in Oz can defineately supply your sprocket, I get my AT750 stuff from them. Give em a call

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.