Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally! After years of scouting the European markets for a decent RD03 to import, she has arrived today! I found her in Hamburg / Germany four months ago and after a three months trip and customs clearance she arrived. Looks pretty decent and comes with aluminium panniers, tank bag and some spares (two CDIs, original screen, spare wiring loom, headlamp grille and new armature foams).

says 48000klm on the clock but the previous owner thinks it’s 148000. Will check the engine at some stage, but first I will try to get her running and check her out properly next weekend.

are there any other RD03 in Australia? Can’t be too many…

She is in good company as well: I have my old 1984 Yamaha Tenere and a 1979 BMW R100RS scrambler to play with…. Space is becoming a premium 😂

I always wanted one. My best friend had one when I was young - I thought I had the short straw with my Tenere… not to be: the Tenere has done 90.000 klm and never let me down.

here some photos:

It’s a great looking bike…!
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Vehicle

Leaving Hamburg:
Building Window Asphalt Gas Plant

Sorry for the mess - another car resto under way…
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Workwear Personal protective equipment Gas

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Engineering Gas

Fuel tank Automotive lighting Vehicle Odometer Light

Arrival in Melbourne!
Tire Wheel Jeans Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
2003 Honda XL650V Transalp
339 Posts
According to Madart, (02 Africa Twin-no lights) there are only 5 early Africa Twins of all models in Oz. I guess yours will make 6 when it's registered.
Enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You would think there are more than 5 or 6 in Oz of all early models… are there any other RD03 around? Never seen one, never heard of someone having one either…

·
Registered
2003 Honda XL650V Transalp
339 Posts
If Mackay is anything to go by with the old (especially pommy and Euro) bikes that appear each July for the All Bikes Show, there will be a number of unregistered examples hiding in garages and sheds around Australia that only the current owners and a few of their mates know about.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Haven’t heard of any RD03s, let alone any Marathons in Australia, but you never know…. Good to hear there is at least one more RD03 in the country. Any photos?

haven’t spend much time on mine besides checking fluids. Have ridden it up and down the road and it doesn’t like revving about 4500rpm, which the previous owner eluded to. I have new CDIs - but not sure that causes it. Anyway, I will get onto it at some stage. No rush being winter in Melbourne…

1 - 16 of 16 Posts