Honda XRV Forum banner
12K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  DaveS 
#1 · (Edited)
I've had Autocom units for some time now and in 2007 upgraded to the Super Pro Avi unit.

It has some really nice features:
  • Foolproof VOX performance guaranteed to 180mph — even for bike-to-bike.
  • Side tones-duplex intercom-instantaneous voice activation for normal speech patterns,
  • Signal-to-noise ratios that offer twice the clarity of any other system allowing an Autocom user to utilize in-ear speakers with Autocom to mix signals clearly where others require overrides and signal suppression to ensure clear signals.
  • Signal amplification and independent rider and passenger volume controls that allows the rider and passenger to mix-and-match in-ear (monitor) speakers and standard speakers or to use foam or custom-moulded noise reducing ear plugs.
  • An open system modular design for the flexibility to purchase almost any peripheral from any source, and the expandability to include multiple audio sources such as music, mobile phones, bike-to-bike transceivers, audio sources including GPS and radar detector.
  • Advanced power and power management for low draws, portable (battery operated) systems, and the ability to power certain bike-to-bike transceivers.
  • Easy, do-it-yourself installation with the security of knowing that there is nothing to cut, splice or drill, and that the electronics will protect themselves from error.
  • Professional-grade construction utilizing custom engineered components and industrial production techniques for industry leading durability.
I found it easy to install, but then again I had prior experience. The tank had to come off to route the wires through properly but you could probably get away without doing this if you weren't so fussy about the wires showing.
The unit itself seems robust and my last one certainly wore well with the number of miles I do. I found all the wiring long enough and didn't have any problems from that point of view.

As to performance I've had it working to highly illegal speeds in the UK very well. I can blast up the motorway at a reasonable speed listening to the radio or some music very happily.

The only down side for me is that I bought a Bluetooth unit at the same time and it was fundamentally flawed in my opinion. In that it forced your phone to auto answer the call whether you wanted it to or not! Not great when you're trying to navigate a roundabout and the boss rings you!

I've also extended mine to work bike to bike, and we had this working reasonably well last year on our Haggis run. Well there was certainly no problem with the Autcom anyway.

I got mine from Chainspeed and Sam was very helpful throughout the process, exchanging the bluetooth unit when I didn't get on with it, and supplying plenty of advice and more leads and bits and bobs to get my Orange SPVC600 working on it.

All in all I'd highly recommend one to anyone.

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
I'd agree with all of the above comments.
Expecting a bit of fiddling to get it to work properly, I was surprised that it worked nearly perfectly out of the box, with only a bit of fine tuning required.

Now available at 50% off - makes them very good value.

Phil

<edit>; Order the 'open face mic kit' to stop the vox triggering at speed. Costs £2 & makes a big difference

#4 ·
I'd agree with all of the above comments.
Expecting a bit of fiddling to get it to work properly, I was surprised that it worked nearly perfectly out of the box, with only a bit of fine tuning required.

Now available at 50% off - makes them very good value.

Phil
i now need another:rolleyes: wheres the best place now to get a good deal phil:thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.