Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
2007 TA XL650
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have bought an Auxillary Power Point I want to put on my 2007 Transalp 650. Anyone got an suggestions as to the best place to moubt it that makes it most user friendly. You could save me a bit of time in putting it somewhere, trying it realising it is in the wrong place and moving it.
I want to use it for charging GPS or charging phone when on multi day trips
Cheers
Cam

·
Carpe Diem
28 Posts
put mine up on the dash

easy to get to and your gadget can sit behind the screen. Also use it for plugging my Accumate charger into

Cheers

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I am thinking about using the lead from my solar charger, it came with a lead that has eyelets ( used on bike ) and a lead with crocodile clips.
I am thinking of fitting an Aux socket to that lead and using it for when I need to power something like a phone or air pump.
When at home in the shed it can be replaced with the solar panel.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have left mine poking out from under the seat, towards the front of it just to the left of the tank. I use it for battery charging and powering heated clothing.

However if I was using it for a GPS unit, I would mount a fixed socket on the bars or the fork area.

Touratech do a fork mount socket
Touratech UK Webshop

and Powerlet in the USA do a bar socket
Powerbar 7/8" To 1" Black Anodized - Powerlet Products

Powerlet are not cheap but their products are excellent quality and offer fast delivery times from the US. I've used their sockets on several bikes including the unmounted socket I have installed on my 700 Alp.

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
dash

·
Registered
417 Posts
Honda do a 12v socket that plugs into the loom dont they? Bit expensive though at £35.

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
For the 700 they do,the 650/600 has to be battery fed.

·
Pleb
1,792 Posts
Honda do a 12v socket that plugs into the loom dont they? Bit expensive though at £35.
Got that.
1) It's expensive.
2) The socket mounts to the top of the underseat storage. If you plug anything you can't put the seat on, so charging on the move is out unless you leave the socket un-mounted. I only use mine to charge the phone when camping.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Thanks for that info. You would have thought they would put it where it can be used while mobile. Ohh well. Ive seen one somewhere that mounts on the forks whith a stainless steel bracket i think that is the way to go

·
Tenacious Member
1,435 Posts
Mine is currently mounted on the "HISS" unit next to the ignition key by means of ty-raps.

Was aiming for the dash, but ran out of time - and forgot to get a suitable hole cutter. :rolleyes:

Doesn't look too bad as it is - so it may stay there for a while now.

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
and if its anything like the varadero you also have to buy the accessory cable to plug into your loom to plug your accessory socket into!

or you can do it yourself for a fiver including wiring and fuse holder, mount it wherever you like and who says you can only have one socket?

·
Registered
417 Posts
Yes i know, i have the very same thing on ny VFR VTec all fitted by my own fair hands :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts