Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I wanted to be seen better during daytime riding, having just the twin 55watt headlamps obviously wasnt enough of an indication that I was there to some of the numpties that grace the roads in and around Bridgend, South Wales. Sooooooooooo I bought some of these............Luminator Round Fog Lamp - Vehicle Lighting > Accessory Lighting > New Generation Lamps and set about installing them. They are fog lamps so to enable me to mount them where I did ( on their side) I had to fiddle around with the internal curtain that usually sends the beam of light groundwards. This was simpe enough. To my amazement once everything was connected and the battery reconnected there wasn't a faint smell of burning nor a hint of a smouldering wire anywhere on the bike.......... result you might say?.
Anyway enough of my waffling so I wil get to the point........
The photo's of them are below. I like the look of them but then it is my bike and I am going to be biased..........
Regards
Greg

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i like the look of it, i was thinking of doing something very similar on my v-strom but either i am blind or there is no price on the website?

also, on the pics you provide your headlight does look a bit yellow, have you thought about upgrading the bulb... i did on my v-strom and the difference is very noticeable.
I dont know if its just the angle of the shot. They were a rather affordable £24.99 from a company called Motorworld http://www.motor-world.co.uk/link.php?id=1 here in wales. Any good motor factors that stock " RING " products will be able to get hold of them for you. Mine took about three working days to arrive and were collected from in store.
Regards
Greg

·
RNTA
209 Posts
Tip top! How do you swich them on and off? Is it by the smally switch visable in one of your pictures?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tip top! How do you swich them on and off? Is it by the smally switch visable in one of your pictures?
Yes that's correct. The rocker switch that came with the "Ring fast fit kit " was not a waterproof switch so I just bought an after market on and made sure it was a three pronged ( live to switch, live to lights and earthed ).
Regards
Greg

·
Hill Rider
3,090 Posts
I put a pair of 35w PIAA Ultra Brites on my TA and an @. Got them from Bling Lights in the US - very helpful company and a top product. They come with switch, relay and wiring loom.

Here's the TA set up . . .

I've now got them on a 3 way switch so they can either come on with just the side lights or have them on with only the main beam. Make great "position" lamps during daylight hours and add extra coverage at night when tied into main beam. And being only 35w each they don't draw as much current as 55w bulbs, so no real alternator / reg/rec worries.

Steve T

:cool:

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts
thats a good price that, i reckon u have a good setup there for your money :thumbright:

i meant your main headlight bulbs, the foglights look fine it's just the mian beam looked a bit dull though it maybe that it's due to it being taken in the daylight.

i bought some osram cool blue h4 bulbs for my strom http://www.powerbulbs.com/product_detail.asp?prod=92 and what a difference :)

I actually put an illegal bulb in my cat (not a real cat, like some crazy firework stunt haha my thundercat) that was 90/100 watt due to it being a single bulb and it was far better, all those other drivers coming towards me should have upgraded there bulbs to coz they seemed to be swerving and crashing and beeping there horns a lot :confused: lol

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thats a good price that, i reckon u have a good setup there for your money :thumbright:
All in all it cost me £30.00.
Borrowed a garage in exchange for some lawn mowing
Labour was free
Plenty of coffee and chocolate biccies whilst installation was done.
And most importantly, I got to know my bike a little bit better than I did previously, we are now on first name terms.
Maybe sometime soon she'll let me take her out to the country and I'll have my wicked way with her.
I'll keep you posted
Regards
Greg

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am looking into doing that. Like the look of those ones. :)
Here I go again.... More money :)

Nice one Greg

Russ
No problem Russ
by the way, i'm not mowing your lawn as well mind
Regards
Greg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts