Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had experience of Avast! internet security, whether the freeware or subscribed package?

If so, can anyone make a comparison to the AVG grisoft package?

Considering upping from freeware to subscribed and not sure which...

·
Ride the Sumo!
1,096 Posts
I used to have AVG and it worked ok - avast is recommended by a friend of mine but I have never used it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Go Avast, even the free version is superior to AVG

I was a firm AVG user for many a year, and found it to be a good reliable free antivirus. Was told about Avast about a year ago but never bothered with it until I done a complete re-install a couple of months ago, decided to give it a try. I like it.

It loads quicker, and is simple to use. Avg is now a non-runner in my books, will be sticking to Avast from now on.

CM

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Go Avast, even the free version is superior to AVG

I was a firm AVG user for many a year, and found it to be a good reliable free antivirus. Was told about Avast about a year ago but never bothered with it until I done a complete re-install a couple of months ago, decided to give it a try. I like it.

It loads quicker, and is simple to use. Avg is now a non-runner in my books, will be sticking to Avast from now on.

CM
PC Pro disagree with you rating AVG in the top three of paid and unpaid packages.

A-List Award Winners | PC Pro

·
Registered
96 Posts
I've used AVG for years, the full version. It's very good but now Microsoft has now put out their own free virus & spyware suite which works pretty well.

I suggest you give it a go.

http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

btw - you must un-install any virus guard you have before using another one - two virus softwares don't get on. (Sorry if that's granma and egg sucking)

·
Ride the Sumo!
1,096 Posts
I now use Kapersky I got it free from Barclays.

·
May Contain Nuts
2,350 Posts
I now use the free version of Avast on all of my PCs,

I had a problem installing AVG on Win7 so thought I'd give it a go,

it seems to work just fine and doesn't appear to slow the system down at all

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
PC Pro disagree with you rating AVG in the top three of paid and unpaid packages.
In the last couple of months I have sorted out three PC's crippled with scareware, spyware and trojans. All had AVG installed (One paid, two free) and all were up to date.

I no longer recommend AVG.

·
Shorter member :-)
1,944 Posts
Another vote for Avast been great on mine for last 18 months :thumbleft:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts