1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
130 Posts
beutiful machine but goo ear plugs req'd, as far as I know they were desighned ner me in Ampthill Beds, a mate dad was on the desighn team

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
I'm hoping it's going to be at Fairford RIAT in a few weeks

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just had westcountry news on and they were showing a trailer for the air day at Yeovilton wish i realised it was on this weekend as they are having the last flight of the final Vulcan left flying doing a final air display. Last time i saw one of them flying was around 20 years back at RAF St.Mawgan unfortunatly i'm working this Saturday

Air Day 2013 | Royal Navy

Aircraft Displays
If you'd like to find out more about the Vulcan then you can visit their website Home | Vulcan To The Sky

It used to based just down the road from me at Bruntingthorpe, so got to see it quite a bit. Shame it's now based at Robin Hood Airport. Doncaster

·
luddite
1,814 Posts
I grew up in the heart of the lincolnshire countryside & remember seeing Vulcan's flying over from time to time as a kid... they must have been pretty impressive cos I still remember vividly exactly where I was the first time is saw one!

·
Beer monster.
227 Posts

tazman, if you're interested in aircraft, there's going to be a double scramble of the 2 Lightnings at Bruntingthorpe on the 28th of this month. Plus a few other runs down the tarmac by victors, buccaneer etc. £20 in and your standing next to the runway when they go. Bring ear plugs as the loudest thing I've ever heard is a pair of Lightnings, just a shame the CAA won't grant permission to fly them.

Rob

·
luddite
1,814 Posts
used to see lightnings go ballistic over our cricket field at school, they actually broke some of the windows in the science block once, the headmaster rang up (i think Conningsby) to complain & rumour had it he got an earful...:thumbright:

L

·
0 Posts

tazman, if you're interested in aircraft, there's going to be a double scramble of the 2 Lightnings at Bruntingthorpe on the 28th of this month. Plus a few other runs down the tarmac by victors, buccaneer etc. £20 in and your standing next to the runway when they go. Bring ear plugs as the loudest thing I've ever heard is a pair of Lightnings, just a shame the CAA won't grant permission to fly them.

Rob
Talking about lightnings I wonder who bought the airworthy ones from Thunder City when it went bust in South Africa, along with a few other old jets they were all up for auction recently.

·
Registered
28 Posts

Rob
Thanks Rob. Unfortunately will be away on hols.
Have been there before and had a great day.
Know what you mean about ear plugs. Forgot mine last time and tried taking a photo of one of the lightnings as it disappeared of down the runway.
I still suffer from ringing ears!:iconbiggrin:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts