Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine's gone again after 13 months...Has anyone got a recent contact for anyone who makes/stocks the phosphor bronze replacement jobbies please?

I really don't want to be doing the job annually(assuming I don't trade it in for a new AT or something else that tickles my fancy:p)

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,040 Posts
I gave up in the end and changed bikes for one where I could see all exhaust joints without a proctologist's camera.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
image.jpg I've bought some stainless steel mesh gaskets from eBay I've not put them on yet but they do look a lot better than those stupid graphite ones.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
You have my sympathy Andy. As you said 'B*@tard' things.

Do we have any reports of the long term effectiveness of a solid 'gasket' over the flexible ones?
Stainless looks promising Paul. Have you just bought them in preparation for the next time, or has yours blown as well?

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Dave the gasket on mine blew years ago, but not had the time or inclination to change them.
I have trouble seeing from light into dark shaded places plus I don't have a garage now to do the job, one day I'll get round to it, it's a job I've never tackled on a vtwin and to be franck not looking forward to trying.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts