Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
XRV Forum Members:

Hello and happy holidays!

I am writing to learn of the availability of a HID conversion kit for my 1991 Italian XRV750 RD04 with BA20D bulbs or lamps. The current bulb is stamped with HERT4 12V35/35W.

Since the American websites for Amazon, ebay and Google, do not offer results for HID conversion kits with electrical ballasts for the motorcycles utilizing BA20D base bulbs/lamps, I am writing to learn if any Italian or other XRV owners can offer any recommendations. A kit made in Japan with an electrical ballast is preferred. Using a language translation tool and searches on Italy's eBay site were also unsuccessful. At this time, I am not interested in an LED bulb upgrade or an H4 headlamp unit replacement.

I recently learned of Eastern Beaver and will post an update if a suitable kit is available.

Thanks in advance!

David
San Diego, CA

After browsing the Internet and forums, I have learned this lamp/socket may be associated with BiLux, S2, Bosch bayonet or the following cross-references:

A7375 Stanley,
B-Type,
410-5019,
S2,
HL78168,
Philips 12728 Duplo
12V 35/35W E1 21B5,
Osram Bilux 7327, 37R,
N071,
E21B-E6,
Narva 49531 S2,
Elvelux 3106

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Simply change your headlamps to H4. Get the ones from an RD07a as both have low and high beams on both headlamps.

Don't go HID, it will require relays or you'll burn your wiring. Get H4 LEDs

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Massive Lee: Hello. It is nice to learn you are still active on the forum. Thank you for your suggestions. The Italian BA20D lamps also have hi/low's on both lamps. Prior to purchasing RD07a lamps, I will try the available BA20D LED bulbs. Thanks again for your feedback. It is appreciated.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Simply change your headlamps to H4. Get the ones from an RD07a as both have low and high beams on both headlamps.

Don't go HID, it will require relays or you'll burn your wiring. Get H4 LEDs
Any recommendations for LED lamps that will fit the RDO7?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I did convert one of my little Varaderos from BA20D to HID with a pair of "35W Motorcycle HID" kits

HID.jpg
It actually worked really well, the beam pattern was good once I'm set the vertical adjuster and didn't dazzle oncoming traffic they seem to work well with "Pre-Focus" lights, they have an electromagnetic dipper - the hid tilts to dip the beam which worked well on the XL125v.

On the Varadero I had to remove the collar and spring from the HID and open up the tabs to fit the bulb holder better. The XL125V has plastic bulb holders and I had to remove the contacts to get it to work.

I did try them in a square headlight C90, they worked but only on a freshly charged battery. they used more power than the stator could output, I even tried a high output stator and regulator with LED indicators and stop tail bulb but they still drew more power than the little bike could produce:lol:

The HID's come with H4 adapter plates, but the beam pattern is terrible in my ST1100, thankfully my Japanese spec RD03 has H4 headlights, I don't understand why Honda bothered fitting BA20D's to Euro RD03's and RD04's instead of H4's

1 - 5 of 5 Posts