Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if any body know if its possible to get a back rest for the Africa Twin. I got a top box but want to go on a longish trip and would rather remove it and fit a more comfy back rest for the pillion.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Givi do foam back rests to fit boxes ,more substantional then the standard ones they dont look to bad either.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The foam pad is not really what i want, i have one already, i'm after a proper metal rack, will be much better in the long run. No one seems to do them at all though

·
XRV750 RD04
1,549 Posts
No worries :) It's probably best to contact them and check that it'll hold the weight OK before buying one as I don't think it was designed as a back rest (it looks at least a sturdy to me as a givi box with backrest would be, but best to be sure).

·
Registered
44 Posts
This style of rack and soft luggage is very popular and widely sold in Australia, (GEARSAC) the fittings are slightly different fo each model of bike. They are more than strong enough as a sissy bar/back rest. I think you can get back pads for them too. With the soft bags you can turn them around when you are solo to keep the weight within the bike and "outside" when you have a pillion. Great simple system as you can take them off and on in seconds. I've had a couple over the years.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i had a look at the product in the shop the other day, and it does feel fairly solid, but the price!!!

will be around £180 for both parts and then around £40 for a pad to make it comfy- looks like i will have to look further

1 - 9 of 9 Posts