Honda XRV Forum banner
2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  lowflyer 
#1 ·
Last Friday, I was coming back home from the west, travelling in my vectra between Kyle of Lochalsh, Glen Carron and Garve.
After hooning around the single track bit ( gotta love that section :thumbright: I got onto the long straights before Achnasheen. Looked in my mirror, saw a long line of lights behind. I was clocking around 90+ and the guys overtook me without too much effort, around a dozen bikes, all GS’s. Fair do’s I thought, good on them.
Anyways, pulled into Achnasheen, guys were pulled up having a natter. Honestly, the weather was great, sunshine all the way.
I pushed the 150 brake all the way in the hope of beating them to the twisties before Garve. Kept looking in the mirror, no lights.
Excellent I thought, time for a bit of craic on the twisties, I know the road like the back of my hand, know where to cut the corners, thought I had a bit of a chance to lose them and the road was dead quiet.
Just got about 2 miles into the twisties and blow me, a bloody pick up in front of me, couldn’t get past. Looked in the mirror which by now was filled with lights.
What happened next I couldn’t believe, the guys overtook me and the pick up on blind corners, blind crests, the lot. One guy overcooked it and I had to really brake to avoid hitting him.:mad:
Now I know that the lead guy may have had intercom and the rest, but it didn’t seem like it, they were too fragmented in their overtakes, pretty dis jointed to be honest. There were a couple of cars coming towards us, which thankfully, the guys just managed to miss.
Ok, that was fine, got past the pick up with around another 5 miles of twisties before the Garve junction, go west to Ullapool, right to Inverness.
Really gunned the vectra and left the remaining four riders standing, hammered into the corners at triple digits.
Got to the Garve T junction and there were the guys parked up, taking up the whole of the junction, no second man drop off , just all parked up on the lane, couldn’t get past, so had to take to the outside lane.
Now really, this isn’t a dig at GS riders, they could have been Hondas for all I care, but what is really p1ssing me off is the complete disregard these guys had for other road users. I’m a biker, ok, but if I was not, these guys did no favours for motorcycling in general.

Anyways, they turned left, I assume towards Ullapool, obviously did the Beallach and then back to Ullapool.
One of them, the lead, had a trail bike rider sticker on.
So guys, if was it was any of you or know who the guys were, you should hang your head in shame.

Oh, by the way, I was the cool dude in the silver vectra, the one that blew away the last four riders in your group :D:D

See less See more
#6 ·
Nice one John !
Nothing worse than a rabble of fellow bikers to ruin the good image we portray
????
I pushed the 150 brake all the way in the hope of beating them to the twisties before Garve.

I was clocking around 90+

Really gunned the vectra and left the remaining four riders standing, hammered into the corners at triple digits.

what is really p1ssing me off is the complete disregard these guys had for other road users

:confused::confused::confused:

#10 ·
Yup my friend, you have to come up here and have a shot ;)
Depending on where you go of course, there are most certainly traffic issues in Scotland, but I work on Skye, live in Inverness.
My commute home takes me around 2 1/2 hrs normally on some of the best and quietest roads you can imagine. I'm lucky to see any cars if I leave early.
There is a section just past Sligachan junction you can see for about a mile or so of slow meandering bends with a couple of tight corners at the end, absolute driving/riding ecstasy.
I don't really need to be home at a certain time, I just enjoy driving fast with no major traffic issues to worry about.

So the morale of the story is, take a chill pill and get yer @sre up here and see for yourself :thumbup::D
Can't guarantee the weather though ( always a catch in life eh ?)

#12 ·
I know Bob, pains me so much.
But I need all my files,kit, PC etc in the back, plus I get paid for it.:thumbup:

It isn't all bad, it's a 1.9 SRI CDTI, so it can fair grift along.

Makes me smile anyway :D:D

My on site work horse is a wee Citroen Nemo van which is equally thrashed daily :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.