Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Over this weekend I had a Honda Goldwing F6B Bagger to play with.

I have ridden full on wing before and the bagger definetely feels lighter and more agile...almost sporty!

I first set off to get some breakfast and headed to a little cafe in Odiham, Hampshire.

I love the flat six engine. Its a peach! I prefer a higher screen as above 50mph the windblast gets a bit heavy. The missus also came along and liked the wide comfy seat, although she would have prefered a backrest.

I covered about 200miles both alone and two up. Bike is lovely to ride.
Just plug the ipod in, listen to some favourite tunes and enjoy the magic carpet ride...

Its obviously a big beast so parking had to be found with care...

I managed to find suitable spots...see above.

One more thing, as it does not have a reverse gear, your legs get a workout too, when moving oit of the garage or a parking place....

Anyway, tomorrow I am back to my daily commute on my little 125cc Scooter!

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
they are putting it up against the Harley street glide . its don't look as good as the Harley but a nicer engine I would imagine . I was only just yesterday looking at an 1800 full dresser I think it was a 2003 model .it had sat nav custom paint and probably a few grands worth of bolt on opulence its looked the hight of luxury for a passenger and I have to say I was well impressed with it but I don't want one they just feel like too much of a handful I pushed a 1200 aspencade around the yard at a bike dealers one time and that was enough for me and im not a small child but I know I just wouldn't like all that excess weight . if its too much of a handful to push in and out of a shed then there is no point in it however the 1986 xl 600 with the long range petrol tank and the viper can ( at mondello )I seen I taught was a beauty and I would love one . if I wanted a full dresser I would go for a bmw k1100 lt . I rode one and it was very easy to handle . anyone ever race a copper that's rideing one ? :lol:

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
the xl600 I seen was an LMT I still want one who knows I might end up with one yet . I seen a black Harley Davidson 2015 electra glide 103 limited the other day it was all black full luggage full fareing speakers meaty looking breaks . I have to say it looks better than the gold wing f6b and more inviting looking for a passenger .

it really looks the height of luxury but I wouldn't be buying one had I the necessary wedge to do so .I read over on the Harley forum one of the members stopped to assist a dude broken down on one with only 400 miles done i'm pretty sure the Honda would be a bit more reliable . if I had bags and bags of money I would buy a luxury touring motorcycle and it would be black and it would be a Honda ....................... vfr1200 x cross- tourer with black luggage a nice low mileage one that's been run in for me and save myself a couple of thousand bucks on the price of a new one . money I could spend of ferry tickets campsite fees food and petrol lots and lots of petrol :cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts