Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my new chain and sprockets arrived so thought I would fit them yesterday.

Apart from some 'interesting' effort required to drift out the rear wheel spindle all went swimmingly until it was time to fit the final linking clip.
i.e the open plate side of link with 2 pins and the side plate for the other side

Greased the o-rings, slid 2 onto the open link and slid the open link through the end links of the chain to join it, fditted the last 2 o rings & fitted the link side plate ready to centre punch the pins &

"oh dear, one of the pins is shorter than the other so it wont stick out beyond the chain link side plate" - so I remove the link side plate

- levering it off

and I'm sure you can tell where this is heading -

and it pings off into the distance never to be seen again. :eek:

the open link hadn't had one of the pins pushed through properly which I've now remedied

but I still can't find the sodding link piece despite searching the whole garage twice...

One of the O rings flew off with the side plate and I've found that - which you'd think gives a clue to where the side plate landed but - oh no

aaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhh :(

time to ring the supplier to try and grt a new linking connector...

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
:( Bummer. Before you ring the supplier, did you look over there. Experience has taught me every time Ive lost something, it was over there. Worth another look before you make that call.

·
1988 TA 600V
328 Posts
Or try looking under there, that's where I always find the bits I've lost, or the grand childrens secret magpie collection box, anything shinny seems to disappear when they come round and of course they "never touched anything grandad" ;)

·
Fine, upstanding member
2,296 Posts
Ask a woman. She's bound to know where it is. :angel9:

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
Ask a woman. She's bound to know where it is. :angel9:
This is a good point. I live with 3 females. I find they are the ones that move everything. They never leave anything where it should be. Ever.

Cleaning the carbs, you leave them on the kitchen table over night beside a tubberware box full of white spirits and a rag with mopped up petrol spills, and feck me, you come down in the morning and everythings gone :shock:

Replaced with clutter like milk jugs, glasses and cereal bowls :shock:

Good point - if there's a woman around, aske her - she's bound to have moved it :mad:

·
Fine, upstanding member
2,296 Posts
This is a good point. I live with 3 females. I find they are the ones that move everything. They never leave anything where it should be. Ever.

Cleaning the carbs, you leave them on the kitchen table over night beside a tubberware box full of white spirits and a rag with mopped up petrol spills, and feck me, you come down in the morning and everythings gone :shock:

Replaced with clutter like milk jugs, glasses and cereal bowls :shock:

Good point - if there's a woman around, aske her - she's bound to have moved it :mad:
And as for keys! Whenever I come to need them they are always somewhere else. So sneaky are the females of the species that sometimes the keys go missing without a woman even having been in the flat!! I have three big sisters: I bear the scars. :rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts