Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Xi dwejjaq member
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bahrain is braced for three days of protests to coincide with the controversial formula one grand prix as the government and organisers insisted that the event would proceed as planned. According to the The Grauniad.

There'll be nooo switching on of the Television to view the Bahrain Formula One Grand Prix race in this hoose ...

L

·
0 Posts
Sorry I don;t mix politics with sport and people doing so is what's ruining sports, so yes I will be watching the F1..

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
Sorry I don;t mix politics with sport and people doing so is what's ruining sports, so yes I will be watching the F1..
Exactly, what has the politics of Bahrain got to do with F1 and more importantly why are some of our polititions sticking thier noses into other countries affairs yet again.

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
There'll be nooo switching on of the Television to view the Bahrain Formula One Grand Prix race in this hoose ...
I stopped watching F1 at the beginning of the season thanks to that greedy b*****d Bernie. I don't see why i should have to have sky put in and buy the HD channels to watch a full season. Don't see the point in only watching 1/2 season on BBC and some bits that somebody else thinks are the good bits...

I'll stick to the touring cars there's more action in that anyway

L

·
0 Posts
I just point the sat towards 19.2E, tune in RTL, put Radio 5 on the sound system and watch all the races without paying Sky a penny :D

Shame you're not watching it Jason as some of the racing has been the best for the last decade...

A big :thumbup: for BTCC and WTCC as well

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Shame you're not watching it Jason as some of the racing has been the best for the last decade...

A big :thumbup: for BTCC and WTCC as well
Really? I gave up of F1 years ago when it just became a procession. 2 then 2 then 2 then the rest. No overtaking and races seemingly one by team tactics. BIG YAWN....

Has it really got better and how much?

As good as the 70's and 80's as anything past that is just pants...

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
last weeks race was a cracker Gordon

Rosberg had the race in the bag pretty much from the start to be fair but the battle for the rest of the points was the best I've seen in ages, about 8 cars all battling for second place for much of the race
Yes but how many overtakes actually happened on track. Last time I watched it after the first lap was over you could count the number of overtakes on one hand and that was only due to people regaining position after pit stops.

If you want to see real racing have a look as some of the 50's - 80's races. They were a different class. Proper skill not playstation stuff.

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Yes but how many overtakes actually happened on track. Last time I watched it after the first lap was over you could count the number of overtakes on one hand and that was only due to people regaining position after pit stops..
You would of had to take off both of your socks to count the overtaking just in the last few laps in the last race..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts