Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
On yer bike!
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Looking for advice, recommendations.

I'm planning a 2 week trip down to Greece via Croatia and maybe Serbia. Returning via Italy.

Has anyone taken such a route? Any advice/must-do's/warning welcome.

Thanks, Spades

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
never done it but if you cross from Greece into Brindisi, make sure you ride the Gargano national park (via Vieste) and take a day or so for some sightseeing.......highly recommendable...

·
On yer bike!
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Tony, from googling Gargano it does seem impressive. I was contemplating crossing over to Sicily, but its in the opposite direction. Decisions, decisions :)

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
good idea also. In that case it would all depend on how long you intend to spend in Sicily (fairly big island) if you are on a tight schedule and u have to pick one spot, I would personally recommend Agrigento and the Temples Valley (Valle dei templii)........but plenty to see if you have more time....

·
Registered
175 Posts
I hope it is not too late
What do you want to see from Greece
Mountain,sea,food,ancient monuments??
If you come from Albania you have to pay attention because they drive like crazy and it is a little bit dangerous
If you enter from FYROM it is quicker but it is not something special
Here in Greece you will try to ride early in the morning or late at night because it is cooler
In the middle of the day the sun is very strong and you shouldn't wear a helmet than swimming suit

The ship for Italy departs from "Patra" and "Igoumenitsa"
People stay out until late at night
Drive slow on narrow streets with fields because the farmers go out from the fields and they usually don't pay enough attention
Mountains are cooler and quiet in the summer
Beaches especially tourist beaches are full of crowd but you always can find a small beach with none
If you like free camping you must now that although it is forbidden you can find a quite place to camp
You must pay attention with fire
It is forbidden to set fire up from the 1st of May until October and the authorities are very strict with that

If you tell me how many days you want to spent and what do you want to see I can give you a plan
Just let me know

1 - 7 of 7 Posts