Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Hill Rider
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some photo’s from a great day out . . . . .

Austin W's bike and the beach wot we walked

In the distance you can just make out the range buildings on top of the hill

The boat / ship wot was throwing shells at the poor, defenceless ISO container

Everyone duck . . . . .

How Close?

Ahhhh, Danish. The Lynx chopper from the ship wot was firing shells onto the range pay's us a visit.

We got to watch ship to shore gunnery, a low level pass by the Tornado pictured, laser guided bomb dropped from a Typhoon aircraft and visits by many feathered flyers as well - perigrine falcon, buzzard, heron.

Great day out in great scenery, with great company :thumbup:

Roll on April 2015 :D

Steve T

:cool:

·
Hill Rider
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If your thinking that they got angry at us being present andd started bombing & shelling the sh1te out of the place, the answer is NO :D:thumbup:

In a previous exsistence I was "associated" with the place, so a few phone calls to ascertain range activity & timings was all that was required to get us up to the point. We even got a lift on the way through the dunes, which saved a few beads of sweat :D

An elderly couple spent the morning sat on the cliffs below the range control building and saw only a little bit less that we were able to see from the top. We chatted to them before we set off across the beach and again when we returned to the bikes.

And before anyone asks why we didn't ride across the beach, the tide was fully in on our arrival, and in Austins opinion, it was a liitle bit too soft for the GSA on the sand above the high tide line. To confirm this point, one camouflaged waller got his 4x4 well and truley stuck just the day before, so we were informed by the range staff.

Steve T

:cool:

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I'm quite used to seeing the Senior Service on manoeuvres while I'm fishing from the rocks, but they never get round to lobbing shells at me. Brilliant pics by the way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts