Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any recommendations? Sick of chilly fingertips and thumbs... Don't have the standard hand guards fitted (broke off ages ago lol). My worry about muffs is do I need to put the mirror through a separate hole to the cables etc?

Cheers :)

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Muffs are usually designed to accommodate the mirrors.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Unfortunately you will still be cold as I know from experience. Having also used heated grips (ok for the inside of your hand) before I have decided to try heated gloves this year. Bit of a faff getting wired up before riding but they do work.

Cheers

·
Registered
160 Posts
Don't want to put you off but,
I tried muffs on my TA but found that they made my hands colder.
What seemed to happen was they created a vacuum which sucked cold air in.
Especially through the holes where the cables went in.
I tried them without handguards.
They did work on my old Honda NTV though.
Perhaps the ari eflow was differnet on unfaired bike?
If you are near east anglia I have an old pair you could try out. (sorry just seem you are at Bath!!)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Heated grips and heated gloves, the only way to go, makes it so much more comfortable when it
gets down to single figures :thumbup:

·
Mines a big red one
6,178 Posts
I use muffs and heated grips. This allows me to use summer gloves all year round. cable ties around mirror and cable entries stop the draughts.

·
SOTGATT
3,522 Posts
I use muffs and heated grips. This allows me to use summer gloves all year round. cable ties around mirror and cable entries stop the draughts.
+1 They look bad but work so well you won't care.:thumbup:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Muffs with ties will work better if you replace the busted hand guards... at high speed without the guards the wind blast pushes the muffs against/depressing the brake lever just enough to be an annoyance - okay to about 5 degrees celcius. Beyond that to -5 I turn on the heated grips... on longer cold temp trips and quick -20 commutes I'll wear my LI ON Battery gloves - heating element goes up and around each finger tip.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok, ordered some £20 guards based on

a) I'm always dropping the bike and breaking levers
b) I hear they keep the wind off

If they fix the issue then yay, if not then I'll buy some muff's and put them over the top- should solve the wind/brake lever issue.

Will post back with results.

Cheers guys :)

·
Mines a big red one
6,178 Posts
Ok, ordered some £20 guards based on

a) I'm always dropping the bike and breaking levers
b) I hear they keep the wind off

If they fix the issue then yay, if not then I'll buy some muff's and put them over the top- should solve the wind/brake lever issue.

Will post back with results.

Cheers guys :)
Guards will help, but they won't solve the problem. I've got big guards but still use muffs in the winter.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts