Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI All,

Ive got a pair of 30mm risers to try on the TA700 but on fitting just the throttle cables feel a bit tight on full lock.

Can anyone tell me if the cables come in a predetermined length or are they cut to suit?

Ordered 25mm risers but they offered me 30mm to try as the 25 was oos.

Cant quite get the bars to tilt back fully to the original mark either. Probably return these for 25mm....anyone tried this size?

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
25mm is the max for an Africa Twin.30 & you're supposed to fit longer non standard cables.Based on ratio's I would presume the 700 cables are designed for similar max extension.So I would say safe with 25's but probably dangerous with 30 risers even if they do "just fit".:)

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yip!!

25mm is prob the max a TA 700 can take - I can use the 30mm, the brake hose joint needs angled down a bit and the throttle cable needs a slight adjustment without disconnection - but this cable is at its max, before stretching, when at full right lock - I do a lot of U Turns so not happy.

Also, although you could get away with this, the bars situp a bit too much for me, they need to be angled back for my comfort on long roads but this may be personal. Not possible to angle them back with the lack of cable length.

Still havent figured if the throttle cables come pre-cut or if they are cut on installation? If they where cut I could get them cut longer and use 30mm.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Just an idea but if it’s only the throttle cables can you do what I’ve done on both my bikes and turn the whole grip up side down so the cables run under the handle bar and not over the top this will give you a bit more cable length to play with.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mmmm, not an idea I've looked at but won't be now.

Had a few strange cutouts over the weekend that I was putting down to the idle needing set or valves needing adjusted but tonite when I went to start the bike it wouldn't start.

Power to everything seemed okay but the system wouldn't reset when switched on, if you've noticed, the 700 clocks flip and you can hear an audible system reset each time you switch on. Wasn't doing this!

Fiddle with the cut out switch and hey presto so I'm hoping that I've not stretched it knicked any wires in the loom now.

Risers off, getting 20mm set to be sure.

This wire wasn't even tight til at full lock left but there you go, doesn't like change!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts