Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick post to say thanks for an excellent rideout, and that it was good to meet up with you all again :thumbright:.

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
Yes I second that. Fantastic ride over the Glacial mountain roads of Black rock, such stunning views and such a good bunch of riders.
and a bit of forest riding at the end, even got MOM off road on his GSA. Fantastic day thanks Tony, Young Bob,Dave and Mat :D:D

·
Registered
894 Posts
Good to meet new and old faces, Only joined for the ride home from the mountain centre but enjoy it, Forestry roads on bt45s :confused: :D

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
DaveS and I had a rather scary start to the day as we rode the Chepstow to Usk road to meet the rest at Abergavenny.

There was sheet ice in several place along the road and a one point we were stopped by a policeman in the middle of the road with a car on it's side just around the corner :toothy3:

We met the others (Barftone, Cabbage and J) at Abergavenny

the bikes........

the riders......

we had a great (if not slippery) ride up and down the Welsh valleys heading mainly west.

At a stop in Aberbeeg we sent Cabbage up a track which resulted in him returing with a steaming head.......

Barftone (on the only XRV :rolleyes:).......

DaveS.......

J........

We met up with Sharrie, Caitlin (spelling?), MOM and Twinburner at the mountain centre near Brecon for a bite to eat

After a bit of a chinwag we set off in two groups to head for home. Us english invaders went back through Talybont, Pontiscill and off towards the M4 at Newport.

Look at this lovely bike stopped for a break on the Rhymney ridgeway...

here is Barftone our run leader........

DaveS (the Boss) is not in shot in that pic as he was watering the scenery :rolleyes:

Nice to see everyone again and a great days ride, three cheers for Barftone :thumbup:

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
Nice to see some blue skies for a change, looks like you had a good day out...cant wait to be doing a bit of riding in wales myself.......not long now:blob:

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Can I call 'em?!? Joined you all in November for a wet and foggy ride, but missed out on this sunny one (even though I didn't have much else to do today). D'oh!

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Great to catch up with a few of you again and discovered a couple of good big traily type roads. The Beacons are stunning this time of year in the sun.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Gutted I missed this one. Unfortunately my Son , on Friday night,was dragged out of his car by the hooded night creatures set upon and then stole his sat nav, phone and chain, and then baseball batted his windscreen and ripped off his grill and lights. So had to get him along for statements.:(
Day was not all lost, as I did get my TT sump plate fitted and have a solo blat on the new XT

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Bad news Phil. :mad: Hope you catch the ****ers. I wouldn't like to be in their shoes then!

Yep great day yesterday. Really enjoyed it. Thanks to Barftone for an excellent ride through some stunning scenery.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Bad news Phil. :mad: Hope you catch the ****ers. I wouldn't like to be in their shoes then!

Yep great day yesterday. Really enjoyed it. Thanks to Barftone for an excellent ride through some stunning scenery.
Plans are in place:teeth:

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Unfortunately my Son , on Friday night,was dragged out of his car by the hooded night creatures set upon and then stole his sat nav, phone and chain, and then baseball batted his windscreen and ripped off his grill and lights. So had to get him along for statements.:(
gits:cool:

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
Gutted I missed this one. Unfortunately my Son , on Friday night,was dragged out of his car by the hooded night creatures set upon and then stole his sat nav, phone and chain, and then baseball batted his windscreen and ripped off his grill and lights. So had to get him along for statements.:(
How awful. Really sorry to hear this Phil. Hope he is getting over it OK and that the thugs meet with an appropriate response :angry5::angry4::angryfire::naka:

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
That's terrible, Phil. We've been through this sort of situation before with Caitlin (albeit this is maybe more extreme). Don't make any ill-thought reactions; make sure you know what you're doing (and don't get caught!)

·
Mines a big red one
6,178 Posts
Day was not all lost, as I did get my TT sump plate fitted and have a solo blat on the new XT

What a ba****rd hope he came out of it ok

Plans are in place:teeth:
As the saying goes "revenge is a dish best served cold"

oh and have a cast iron alibi :D

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I thought that sort of thing was confined to London.
Hope your son is O.K. and I hope you find the offenders in a dark alley one day and deal a fitting punishment, Remember to wear a balaclava and gloves and do not leave any DNA evidence.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Great Pics sorry I missed this one, the @ let me down on rout to Abergavenny (Battery Problems). I did manage to get it back home with the intention of catching you up on the V Strom but wasn't sure of the route. Lets face it though the suzuki wouldn't have liked the road salt, just a tad vunerable in parts. probably been a pile of rust by this morning.

All the best Rob

1 - 20 of 21 Posts