Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Stone Crazy
5,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A local biker is participating in this he recently did me a favour so i am posting this here in hope of upping his donations a bit,

merv

I am participating in the Barry Sheene Memorial Challenge from the 16th to 25th May 2008 in aid of CLIC - the charity which fights cancer in children.
The motorbike run leaves Brands Hatch (but I will be travelling from Lands End) and travels through France stopping at several circuits that Barry raced on before getting to Le Mans for the MotoGP, then around the Pyrannees before ending in Bilbao, ferry to Portsmouth and then back to Lands End. Total mileage over 2500!!
I have pledged to raise at least £2500 for this extremely worthwhile challenge and I would be greatful if you could consider offering your support. Donations are tax-deductable if you run a business or are self-employed!!
If you are able to help please send your donation to:
Mike Waters
Sycamores
Relubbus Lane
St Hilary
Penzance
TR20 9EG
cheques can either be made payable to me or to CLIC, in the latter case cheques to CLIC will not be cashed until the end of March. Receipts and thankyou certificates will be sent by return post.
For further details please go to www.clicsargent.org.uk or contact me by return email or on 01736 762888 or 07702 365681.
In addition to sponsorship I will also be organising other fund raising activities such as raffles so if you are unable to help financially donations of items would be greatly appreciated. Triumph have already promised some bits and bobs to raffle off so I will keep everyone informed accordingly.
The run will be extensively covered in the Motorcycle press.
Please give consideration to helping this extremely worthwhile cause.
Thanks
Mike Waters

Thanks to Honeymonster's suggestion I have now set up a page at just giving.com for anyone who would like to make a donation. Please visit: www.justgiving.com/barrysheenmotorcyclechallenge

Thanks

p.s. I know I left the "E" off sheene

1 - 1 of 1 Posts