Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Looks great, but I imagine it will be a pig to clean.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Nice and shiney!!! How long did that take Rito?

·
Señor Member
748 Posts
All finished and powder coated white.
Very nice, looks really good but I'd wager the belly pan won't stay as nice as that for long.

Good job well done.

Reactions: Ericsti

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
I just painted mine with white smooth Hammerite on the present RD04, looks good but after 1000 miles the paint is being sandblasted off by grit from the front tyre! Be interesting to see how the powdercoating stands up to it? My old RD04 from years ago had a powdercoated bash plate and I don't remember it chipping off.

·
Señor Member
748 Posts
I just painted mine with white smooth Hammerite on the present RD04, looks good but after 1000 miles the paint is being sandblasted off by grit from the front tyre! Be interesting to see how the powdercoating stands up to it? My old RD04 from years ago had a powdercoated bash plate and I don't remember it chipping off.
I've had mine powder coated in Silver, looks a lot like polished alloy without the upkeep, I can see little pock marks here and there, it's been on since sometime in July or August so I'll see how it lasts after the winter takes it's toll, I used all new stainless bolts and nyloc nuts for the three parts and new stainless hex cap bolts for the fixing of it to the frame, it looks great though I say so myself.

I just need to do something with the engine cases, I'm thinking about copying Thunder's efforts, looks really nice:
Just a bit, it was to balance the clutch cover :iconbiggrin:

Yum yum!

Reactions: 621andy

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Looks great! And You have done a really good job!

The only tiny, and I mean really tiny flaw is the ever-present Amajagh bust that seams to be the norm for all bigger off road bikes.
But then again, it's only my personal oppinion, and the rest of the bike is spot on!
Excuse my ignorance but what does amajadh bust mean

·
Señor Member
748 Posts

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
The name of the Tuareg for themselves is Imuhagh (Imazaghan or Imashaghen, Imazighan). The term for a Tuareg man is Amajagh (var. Amashegh, Amahagh), the term for a woman Tamajaq (var. Tamasheq, Tamahaq, Timajaghen). The spelling variants given reflect the variety of the Tuareg dialects, but they all reflect the same linguistic root, expressing the notion of "freemen", strictly only referring to the Tuareg "nobility", to the exclusion of the artisan client castes and slaves. Another self-designation of more recent origin is linguistic, Kel Tamasheq or Kel Tamajaq (Neo-Tifinagh ⴾⴻⵍ ⵜⴰⵎⴰⵌⴰⵆ) "Speakers of Tamasheq".
Also encountered in ethnographic literature of the early 20th century is the name Kel Tagelmust "People of the Veil"[SUP][5][/SUP] and "the Blue People" (for the indigo colour of their veils and other clothing, which sometimes stains the skin underneath).[SUP][[/SUP]

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ah you don't like the Dakar logo. I put it on as rally both bike and car are my major sporting interest and the Dakar itself is the one race that has captured my imagination since I was a child. As the @ was born of the desert rallies I thought it fitting to at least acknowledge it and tried something slightly different with it. True not everyone likes it but it means something to me as it signifies where my interest in bikes and the @ was born.

:)

·
Registered
398 Posts
Hi Eric.

She looks great with the bash plate in white,really sets the bike off,I rembeber seen a bash plate in white at the paddy dakar and thought thats works....
well done,

Tony.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It was that bash plate at the paddy Dakar that made my mind up on the colour. His was on a white bike and made of fibre glass.

Have a Honda decal ordered in red for it. Might suit it. Well see.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts