Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need a new battery for my 04 650 transalp whats your experiance of replacement, are the cheaper ones any good? don't mind paying more for the proper job

DK online sell one for £29-95 but I would like to pick one now from somewhere local to huddersfield west york's any ideas?

Chris

·
XRV750 RD04
1,549 Posts
I've just been looking into this as I'm about to buy an africa twin battery (once I work out what else I need from wemoto too anyway).

It seems the price is dictated quite a bit by the type of battery (water filled/gel/agm etc.). Each type seems to have it's own advantages and drawbacks. So it might not be as simple as price comparison depending what your needs are perhaps.

There seems to be lots of reviews online, so finding out what make it is they're selling then doing a bit of googling for that manufacturer might be helpful.

I'm a bit wary of DK myself (if it's the ones I'm thinking of) as they seem to have got a bit of bad press online (but then again, they seem like a really big company and you only get to hear about the bad stories so it's probably hard to say).

·
Registered
417 Posts
David Silvers Online Gel Battery £39.99 i think it was last time i looked.

·
XRV750 RD04
1,549 Posts
That's the same type I'm thinking about getting too. There's a really in depth test of one of them here:

IntruderAlert Cafe

And they seem quite good (may not be the exact model but it's hopefully a good sign).

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's the same type I'm thinking about getting too. There's a really in depth test of one of them here:

IntruderAlert Cafe

And they seem quite good (may not be the exact model but it's hopefully a good sign).
Zenarchy I went for the Motobatt option, ordered it from Wemoto about 9-30am it arrived the day after at 1-15pm :thumbup: all I had to do was arrange the terminals, so Iv'e spent my money and we'll see how it goes.
First time Iv'e dealt with Wemoto ---- brilliant

Chris

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Zenarchy I went for the Motobatt option, ordered it from Wemoto about 9-30am it arrived the day after at 1-15pm :thumbup: all I had to do was arrange the terminals, so Iv'e spent my money and we'll see how it goes.

Chris
They have great reviews at Wemoto.
I have never had a problem with the service or the quality of the products they sell.

·
XRV750 RD04
1,549 Posts
Chris
I've only used wemoto a couple of times so far, but both times they've been brilliant for me too. Really helpful on the phone, and fast delivery too (even when they were getting crash bars to me from abroad during a postal strike).

I'm going to get one of those motobatt batteries ordered myself over the weekend I think. They seem like a really good choice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts