Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, little bit of a snag on my rebuild, I require a battery holder these I believe are as rare as hens teeth so im looking for some dimensions and a picture so could I could build one , if I can I will build it out of stainless steel and powder coat it black , but im a bit stuck, it a 1979 xl250s.i would be well pleased if anyone could help:lol:
Regards
Geffers

·
Registered
25 Posts
My 81 185 has the main squareish casing intact, not much in the way of the original battey securing gubbins though. I could try and get a few pictures of that if the frames are simelar. Both twinshock, I guess they could be close?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well here's a picture of my battery housing. It's looking a little rough around the edges, and may be a home made replacement judging by some of the welding. Not sure if that helps at all, but there it is. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the pic I will try to make one out of cardboard as a template then make one out of stainless then powder coat it black. Cant believe how rare they are I gather they rust out where they are located.
Thanks one again and happy new year

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sat there happily in a dirt trap waiting to rot away! I think I may have mine off now it's fresh in my mind and treat any rot befote it takrs over...
don't forget pics of your bling-bling battery box...!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts